Easy DIY Wall Mounted Bottle Opener

$20

I've always wanted a wall mounted bottle opener. After looking around online for ideas I settled on this one. I wanted it to look old and be a quick and simple build. I sourced the bottle opener on Amazon. You will find there are many to choose from. I went with one that had a nice rust patina on it. I also found a nice rustic board in my wood collection. I wanted to do a photo transfer on the project (this is my first attempt so please forgive). There are many ways to do a photo transfer I chose Mod Podge to get the job done. The finished bottle opener measures 12 inches high by 6 inches wide. The bottle cap catch measures 3 inches high by 6 inches wide by 3 1/2 inches deep. I did shoot a video of this build so when your done checking out the pictures & descriptions click on the link & check out the video.
After cutting all my boards to size I used a hand plane to smooth the wood surface.
This is the photo I decided to use. You need to reverse the image so it reads correctly once you perform the transfer.
I decided on Mod Podge to do the photo transfer.
This stuff is thick so be prepared to squeeze that bottle.
Use a foam brush to spread the Mod Podge. Do yourself a favor & wear gloves. This stuff proved to be very messy.
Once the photo is covered place it where you want it on the project. Once applied you need to wait 24 hours for it to dry.
Once dry place a damp towel on the transfer and let it soak in for a few minutes.
Then wipe the off the paper with the towel.
Here I'm using glue & pin nails to to attach the bottle cap catch.
Then apply a varnish to give the wood some protection.
Now it's time for the most important part.....Installing the bottle opener.
Here is the finished project. The longest part of this project was waiting for the photo transfer to dry. If you build this without the photo transfer it should only take a couple of hours.
Here is the link to the video I made for this project. After checking it out take a look around my channel. You might find some more project videos you might enjoy.