Chalk Painted Fireplace Mantel

Giving your fireplace mantel a new look with paint!! Oh the power of paint!! I love that it's really that easy- I think picking the new colors can be more work that just jumping in and deciding to do it. I painted this back in September but I finally made the time to share with you how I did and what colors I used to bring together all the elements in my own home and design. You can see more here.. http://www.vintagecharmrestored.com/2014/01/chalk-paint-fireplace-mantel.html
ASCP Country Grey, Old White, French LInen, with Dust of Ages and waxes.
Layering paint colors on top of your builder grade white mantel can give it brand new upscale look.
Before

Keep Your Craft Supplies Organized With These Fun Storage Ideas
The Top 9 Kitchen Countertop Makeovers People Are Doing Now
31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
25 Impressive Ways You Can Update Your Ikea Purchases!
Easy DIY Remedies For Your 7 Most Hated Bugs
12 Container Garden Ideas to Kick Off Spring
16 Stunning Sign Ideas You Can Make for Your Home

• Beverly
    Beverly

We first painted our oak mantle & surround black, then distressed it, but felt it was too hard, so now we primed it & painted it off white like our woodwork. Still not quite right......any suggestions based on how you layered your fireplace surround?

• Susan Rawlings
    Susan Rawlings

Oh wow. Just saw this, but love it. It is beautiful.

• Hat19678767
    Hat19678767

I love your fire place! It looks so upscale and makes the space look larger. I want to use those colors to finish some furniture pieces to match my armoire was it difficult? How long did it take you? Thanks for the pin