How to make solar address lights?

BinkNorris720Roxie
+4

they used glass jars and house numbers, how do you attach the solar lights? the numbers could be painted or stuck on. they sat on the porch or in the yard.

• Linda Sikut
    Linda Sikut

The solar lights can be fit into the opening of the jar. I can't find the exact post you're looking for, but this is the basic idea. You just have to add your numbers. I believe they were painted on the outside. I would also seal them. Or you could buy stick on numbers at any hardware store.

Maybe someone else can find the exact post, but this will put you in the right direction.

Good luck
  • Here are some options. If you use the solar lights from the store that come with their own post, just take the post and ground spike off and set on top of your jar. Some people use a silicone glue too.

• http://www.hometalk.com/categories/outdoor-living/lighting
  • Diana Deiley
    Diana Deiley

Glow in the Dark Paint will work! Paint your house numbers with this product and they will glow bright during the evening. You can purchase a small bottle at the craft store and even WalMart. This work on rocks too!
  • Roxie
    Roxie

purple duct tape, cut into the shapes of your house numbers
  • Norris720
    Norris720

Linda Sikut - If you are a Decorative person or D.I.Y.-er here is a simple suggestion. Purchase the numbers of choice. Find a board of plaque to mount the numbers on. Scout where you want the numbers mounted. Add two small solar lights on each side for illumination. (This where design comes in) Dollar store lights, Home depot, WalMart , Lowes,Target, or local Hardware Supplier
  • Bink
    Bink

glass jars And house numbers?? I don't even know what that means?