Deb Foglia
Deb Foglia
  • Farmingdale, NJ

Rope Frames

$30

Adding texture to a room adds so much warmth and beauty. I love anything that has dimension and having rope or natural fibers are a great way to add that cozy feeling to a room. I created these unique round rope frames for my upstairs hallway and they add the perfect touch to a bare wall.
rope frames
Step 1 gather all supplies. Pick up some styrofoam from your local craft store. They come in multiple sizes, so if you plan to add them to a wall together be sure to pick up multiple sizes to create a cute gallery wall. Also, you will need some rope, hot clue, and plastic frame slips for photos. Optional: stain for rope.
rope frames
Begin wrapping rope in a circle starting from center. You can also skip the center if you plan to add the photo slip to add a photo to since this part will be covered. If you see above photo, I chose not to add rope to the sides, but if you choose to you can.
rope frames
Add loop at the top for hanging. And then glue magnetic clear frames to front. Add your favorite photos to and hang. For a more interesting look switch up the rope or stain.
rope frames
Add a dark color to your walls for more contrast again the neutral colored frames. Immediately makes theses cute frames pop against the new color.
Deb Foglia

• Edith homan

It 's also great making mac gram (knotting ) prodjects

• Linda Abate

WOW. What a great idea for displaying photos. Love the use of different colors of rope. These would just as nice hanging on the wall without a photo or add some silk flowers for another look. GREAT JOB. Thanks for sharing your ideas.