Salvage Table Becomes An Elegant Keeper With Paint And Stencils

I rescued this very heavy round table from a salvage yard. I couldn't help it! It was such good quality. But with a scuffed leather top and a broken leg, I could see why someone wouldn't want it anymore. I have it a beautiful make over with paint, joint compound and stencils. It's now one of my favorite pieces!
This poor table was in bad shape but great wood. A broken leg was fixed with wood glue and clamps.
I sanded it down to bare wood then applied a raised plaster furniture border stencil from our collection using joint compound.
After the design was dry, I gave the entire table two coats of jet black paint. Using an artists brush, I painted the raised design with metallic gold paint. Gold paint added to the legs and trim was also added.
Using a medallion stencil, I added a round design to the top in pastel brown, green and gold metallic.
A coat of varnish finished the job and now I have a unique, beautiful, and high quality table for my own living room.

Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
30 Creative Painting Techniques & Ideas You MUST See
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
Jazz Up Your Bathroom With These 30 Stylish Additions
Step-by-Step Painting Techniques You'll Want to Try!
Cut Up Some Pallets For These 20 Amazing Ideas
21 Clever Wind Chimes You Can Make
15 Simple Projects Under 30 Min To Get You Ready For The Spring Season
15 Memorial Day Crafts
15 Unconventional Ways To Use A Tomato Cage
These Stunning Seating Ideas Will Blow You Away