HOW TO BUILD A GREENHOUSE

$400

This greenhouse is a relatively simple design and is a great project if you're jusr getting started with construction materials and framing. Framed completely from 2x4's this sturdy greenhouse is completely customizable to fit your needs. Want a bigger greenhouse? Go for it. Need a smaller greenhouse? Pare this design down to just the right size for you. All the written instructions follow along with the included build video to help everything make more sense. Lets get started!
All the written instructions follow along with the included build video to help everything make more sense. Lets get started!
The wall are constructed using really basic construction methods. I spaced the studs 24" on center.
Once i had four walls I stood them up and connected them together. I used clamps to hold everything in place while standing them up.
The roof is made up of three triangular supports that 2x4'rafters' are connected to.
I got some help from some friends to lift the roof into place once it was built. I used screws to attach it to the rest of the frame.
The shelf system (more info in video) is tied into the studs to make everything more sturdy.
There are definitely cheaper options, but I chose to use clear corrugated panels.
Thanks a lot or checking out the project. Obviously this was a really big project and hard to fit into a photo slideshow, so be sure and check out the video and written article on RyobiNation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwOmUN5B4FY

31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
Beautify Your Home With These Flower Ideas
15 Clever Repurposing Ideas That Will Add Some Creativity to Your Home
These Clever Decor Ideas Are So Perfect For Summer
25 Ways You Can Be an Artist - With No Experience Necessary!
18 Ideas to Keep You From Feeling Blue
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
15 Home Improvement DIY Ideas You'll Want To Copy This Month
32 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
29 Ways To Get A Splash Of Blue In Your House
18 Stunning Backsplash Ideas You Do Not Want To Miss!

To see more: http://www.modernbuilds.com/

• Dawn Renee' Lemons Freeman

As a native Texan, I curious--did you anchor it to the ground in case of tornadoes or high wind?

Love this, BTW! A friend and I have been talking about greenhouses all week!
    • Dennis

Nope im sending it to Dorthy and the Lollipop Kids!!

• DORLIS

do you plan on heating it in the winter? I would love to have a place for my house plants in the winter, but in Midssouri, would have to heat.
  • Catherine Reardon

How many 2x4s did you use? What is your material list?