Kitchen Transformation - From 70s to the Present

We bought our previous home as a fixer upper - a diamond in the rough. It was built in the 70s and had those hideous 70s colors - carpet downstairs was burnt orange shag. The kitchen had dark cabinets and a burnt sienna back-splash which made it look like a cave. I can't even begin to describe the linoleum on the floor. For years we didn't have the money to do what I wanted to do with it. So we saved our money and updated it room by room. The kitchen was the last to be done because it was the most expensive. We had to tear everything out. We had to buy all new appliances. We replaced the back splash with bone colored 6 inch tile. I completely changed the work triangle which was terrible before the remodel. I loved the final product because it was so efficient, bright and cheerful. This project ended up netting a good return on our investment when we sold it.
kitchen transformation from 70s to the present, home decor, home improvement, kitchen backsplash, kitchen design, The lower cabinets all have pull outs for easy access There is tons of storage space that was previously wasted
The lower cabinets all have pull outs for easy access. There is tons of storage space that was previously wasted.
kitchen transformation from 70s to the present, home decor, home improvement, kitchen backsplash, kitchen design, The lazy susan in the corner has a pull out door This makes much better use of what was previously wasted space
The lazy susan in the corner has a pull out door. This makes much better use of what was previously wasted space.
kitchen transformation from 70s to the present, home decor, home improvement, kitchen backsplash, kitchen design, This is my kitchen before I remodeled it Nothing was salvageable in my estimation
This is my kitchen before I remodeled it. Nothing was salvageable in my estimation.
kitchen transformation from 70s to the present, home decor, home improvement, kitchen backsplash, kitchen design, All the dark colors made it depressing to work in
All the dark colors made it depressing to work in.

Questions on this post

Your question...

Comments

2 of 20 comments
Next