I am a novice at growing roses. I need advice.

+8
The leaves on my rose bush had spots and were turning yellow. I pruned away all the dead leaves and sprinkled Seven dust on the bush. The flowers bloom beautifully but the leaves have continued to die. Any advice ? The bush is special to me -I hate to lose it.
q i am a novice at growing roses i need advice
  • Dav21632402 Dav21632402 on Jul 03, 2017
    Looks like a Mold , maybe, but it sounds like you did the right thing , I would change spray , to a spray meant for Roses.
  • Dfm Dfm on Jul 03, 2017
    that's a condition referred to as "rust" google roses and rust. i tried to copy a link but my crappy internet keeps trying to reload pages. it all just disappeared again.
  • Dfm Dfm on Jul 03, 2017
  • Donette Donette on Jul 03, 2017
    its called rust spot. Also Roses like water around the base, but not water spray on the leaves.
  • Dana Brown-Porter Dana Brown-Porter on Jul 04, 2017
    I use this: Bayer Advanced Disease Control. It's got pictures of leaves on front of bottle that are diseased. I have roses and have used this for years. It's a concentrate an makes many gallons. You use a pump sprayer and spray the leaves really good. I get mine at Lowes. Hope this helps.
  • Amy930 Amy930 on Jul 05, 2017
    I hadn't much of the same conditions on my roses, at least 60-75% had sometype of the black mold or yellow leafs on them. I have two of the Liv Tyler hybrids by the front door. I use Ortho brand Rose & Flower insect & disease control. I use a cap full in a large (I believe) two gallon water can and soak the plant top to bottom. I do this at least once a week and have seen great improvement. While it's not gone yet, it is getting better. If I could just keep whatever is munching on my leaves off I'd be a happy camper! But you can't have it all! Good Luck!! **Wish I had taken a picture a few days ago, there were at least ten full blooms on a single branch, here's he left overs lol. If you look good you can see my battle with the dreaded mold & "mystery leaf eating bugs"!