Marble Herb Wall Planter

$5

Must have herb wall garden..

We want to help you DIY, so some of the materials in this post are linked to sellers. Just so you know, Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.
Let me start of by saying 90% of this project is recycled materials. Tin cans, barn wood,  and to cook with everyday. YEY!!!  Oh and the best part is.. it takes under an hour to make.

I wanted to give my pots a marbleized effect. I used a tub of water and for this technique.
I used to my third pot. I talk more in depth about this step on my blog and to finish it off I secured my tin cans to my recycled wood.
Oh boy I can’t wait to use some of these purdy herbs.
Look at that marble effect!! How cute is that?
Loving the marble and rustic vibes. This is a MINI VERSION of the tutorial to see the full tutorial visit this link -
----------------------
You can view my recent DIYS here : https://www.lilyardor.com/diy/
----------------------
Thank you for Joining me today.  I hope you liked this DIY.
If you liked this DIY then I have good news for you.. Sign up for my newsletter and I'll email you all my DIYS. DON'T MISS A DIY and SIGN UP HERE : http://eepurl.com/czq_T5

• Tin can
  • Spray paint  (Amazon)
  • Nail polish  (Amazon)

Lily Oleynik

• Mtu10724983

If​I don't have a bath tub what can I use?
  • Anthony

Is this one of your bathroom walls over the tub? How did you attach the barn wood to that wall?
    • Lily Oleynik

This is right next to my lovely fireplace. :D I do however have it in my kitchen at the time. To hang it I used a strong rope that I stapled and attached it to a screw in the wall. :D
  • Mds16294457

Did I miss something about how they drain, so the herbs don't get root rot? I love the look of these, but wonder - doesn't the inside of the can rust? Could you put the paint effect on the inside to protect it?
    I'd try other herbs than basil (which I personally LOVE), because when I've tried basil in pots, they get root bound very fast and the plants die.
    • Dana

Along with what some people have added you can use a small airline tube like the ones you use in fish aquariums place a small hole at he side of the can and run the the next can and so on till you reach the last one then if you wanted directly in the cans the water will run from one to the next and then you will only have one can with no hole that will catch the water. This is a good way to make a mini version of drip irrigation.

• Red9029529

I love it. Going to make for all the females as well as myself for Christmas. I made wall hangings and a head and foot board for my bed from a fence that I replaced and was wondering what to make with the rest of the fence. Problem solved. Thank you for the idea.
    • Lily Oleynik

I'm so glad you liked this idea. You sound very creative :D I love recycling projects. Thank you and have fun.

• Chris

Very cute! I love the idea of upcycling!