EdenMaker
EdenMaker
  • Canoga Park, CA

Creative Staghorn Fern Displays

$10

Take a look at some unconventional stag horn fern displays I designed using repurposed materials. These exotic epiphytes are easy to grow as long as you are diligent to provide plenty of humidity and the right indoor/outdoor growing conditions. See an extensive gallery and how to instructions on my blog, EdenMakers. http://edenmakersblog.com/?p=5470 gardening plants

As seen on the "Home & Family" show, (Hallmark). I created a variety of wall mounts for staghorn ferns.

When staghorn ferns are still young, they are fun to display in unconventional ways. Use your imagination. As long as you are able to water the plants by either removing them from the display or submerging them in water along with the display- that is fine.

The objective is to use water-safe materials such as a wood cutting board, metal bowls, a driftwood photo frame, or the like.

This is a contemporary, black metal fruit basket that I repurposed as a hanging stag horn fern mount. Cost 10 dollars at HomeGoods!
Cristina Ferrare, host of Home & Family and Shirley Bovshow with Shirley's design for Staghorn fern.

• Banana rack  (homegoods)
  • Cutting board  (homegoods)

EdenMaker