Ying Yang Flower Pot

$5

White flower pots from Ikea? Boring. Black and white ying yang flower pots? super cool. This DIY is super quick and gives your flower pots a unique look.
ying yang flower pot
ying yang flower pot
For this super cool DIY you're only going to need:
  • Flower pot (I got mine from ikea)
  • Paint brush
  • Black marker
  • Black & white paint

ying yang flower pot
The first things you want to do is go on your phone or computer and look up ying yang designs so you have something to go after, because quite frankly, trying to resemble a ying yang design is kind of difficult.
Anyway, what I did was I went to Google and searched for "ying yang".
ying yang flower pot
Now take your sharpie and draw a "wavy" line on both sides of the flower pot.
ying yang flower pot
After that, draw a small circle on both sides of the line (do the same on the back)
ying yang flower pot
Fill in one with black and leave the other one white. You can use real paint or a sharpie.
ying yang flower pot
Use some black acrylic paint to paint one side of the "wave"/line black. The reason why both circles are white in the picture above is because I decided to fill one in with paint instead of sharpie. (The circle on the other side is filled in with sharpie)
ying yang flower pot
So I painted the white circle side in black paint and left the other one untouched. If your pot is an ugly white or isn't white at all, paint the other side as well.
ying yang flower pot
& that is it! The plant is also from Ikea. I love this DIY because it is so simple, minimalistic and quick, yet really cute and cool.
Don't forget to check out my youtube channel and subscribe if you liked this DIY and want to see more from me!:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGnSsYhg5a2Qc7AI3GKyXXg

• Flower pot  (Ikea)
  • Plant  (Ikea)
  • Black & white paint  (Panduro)

To see more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGnSsYhg5a2Qc7AI3GKyXXg

• So pretty! Great share. ❤

• User

Danielle, makes me wonder why the article wasnt corrected to read "Yin Yang". Mistyped words happen, spelling errors too, but please for the love of spell check, correct the article bc it looks sloppy and is completely annoying to see this spelled incorrectly at least 7x in this article. Love reading hometalk, but its a turn off when its left with misspelled words.