Reposhture Studio - Kim
Reposhture Studio - Kim
  • Pittsburgh, PA

Little Blue Side Table Re-do

This little table was given to me by a sweet friend. I was going to paint the top until I sanded it and revealed the awesome sauce that was the veneer! So just the legs got painted with Miss Mustard Seeds Milk Paint in Flow blue. Then I dry brushed some left over white paint onto the details to make them pop. Often people use stain to show off the details but I thought this would make the table too dark given the dark top.
http://reposhture.blogspot.com/2014/01/little-blue-side-table.html
After
After
Before
Before
Before
Before
little blue side table re do, painted furniture
Reposhture Studio - Kim

• Sara

What did you use on the top? I have a table like that but a little bit of the veneer is missing- I don't want to just fill it in & paint over it. What do you suggest?

• Reposhture Studio - Kim

Depending on how small the missing veneer is, you might be able to match the stain to the rest of the top and just fill in the space with stain and then give it a coat of rub on poly. Worse case, you can try to soak off the veneer by laying a wet towel over it and let it sit overnight then use a scraper to scrape it off. I would try the stain first. If all else fails, fill in the missing veneer with wood putty, sand and paint.

• Joanie

It looks great to me. I have ALMOST the same table, only mine has a bottom shelf. These tables were Entryway tables for the hallway.

• Itsmemic

have a little table almost the same that I painted green..distressed and ruined :( You just gave me inspiration...going to take it outside...sand it..and start all over. :) live and learn !