Glass Garden Flowers

Here are some of my "glass garden flowers" waiting indoors for spring. I layered plates, glued a flat sided vases from Michaels to the back. My green plastic garden stakes are perfect fit into the neck of the vase.
glass garden flowers, home decor, repurposing upcycling, glass flowers all set to go to the garden
glass flowers all set to go to the garden
glass garden flowers, home decor, repurposing upcycling, back with vase and stake
back with vase and stake
glass garden flowers, home decor, repurposing upcycling, stake inserted into the vase
stake inserted into the vase
glass garden flowers, home decor, repurposing upcycling, flower
flower

Questions on this post

Your question...
  1 question

Comments

2 of 48 comments
  • Gwen Gwen on Apr 18, 2016
    I saw it on Hometalk and the photo was skipped of attaching it. Unfortunately all the silverware required flattening with a sledge hammer. We found drilling holes in the spoons made them not fall off. I tried the E6000 first and my Moms fell off. But no trouble with the automotive glue that is totally clear. I used plumbers tubing --cheap--but the flatware' handle was a fraction too thick so that too required work to bend it. I then saw the Llittle white elbow sprinkler pic piece but rebar has to be used. I ended up giving most of mine away. I have two out. unforeseen circumstances kept me from getting and cutting pipe. It was therapy those many years ago I spent a fortune on it!!! I have pretty ones on a rustic rotating stand we found at pottery barn so they sit in a corner of a room. Maybe someday I'll have a forest of fleurs in my garden🌸
  • Jackie Jackie on Aug 13, 2018

My sister made one of these with antique glassware. It's very pretty but every adhesive she has tried failed. Finally I tried JD Weld..it worked great until we has rains that seemed like we were going to need an ark to recover from. By time I was able to get outside I found the juice glass on the ground. I’m going to try it again but put some form of sealant I’ve over the attachment area.

Next