Decorate Plastic Shoe Boxes

$7

There are times when you need storage that is inexpensive and functional, yet you want it to be stylish. This project is a great way to give plastic shoe boxes a little color, as well as use for organizing! I used these boxes in the classroom, to help hold various items. The cute paper was actually from a set of invitations. The chalkboard labels helped with keeping organization at the forefront (literally).
decorate plastic shoe boxes
First gather your supplies, all you'll need is: patterned scrapbook paper, chalkboard labels, tape, clear tape, and a pencil (optional).
decorate plastic shoe boxes
You'll start with a plastic shoe box from any store. (This one came from my local dollar store.) You can choose to use a different size box- this works for all sizes!
decorate plastic shoe boxes
Cut paper to your desired size. (You can mark the label location on the box with the pencil, but it's not necessary.)
decorate plastic shoe boxes
Then you'll need to adhere the paper to the side of box, and add chalkboard label.
decorate plastic shoe boxes
Voila! Finished! Create a set for yourself, or share with a friend!
Materials you will need...

• Linda

What glue works for putting the paper on storage box?
    • Lisa Marie Davenport Potts

try clear contact paper over it for protection - or put clear contact paper front and back & then lightly iron-low heat setting- with a kitchen towel over it. I've done this with many items to "laminate " them and they protect the surface. I use this for lots of purposes.
  • SueBee

Is the paper glued to the outside or inside of the box? Does it matter? Sorry, but I can't tell since it's clear.
    • Gail Okrane Busby

the directions say "to the side of the box and then the label". I would say the outside.

• Vivian Marquez Martinez

Redecorating my kitch with red accents , ANY ideas
    • Karen Morin

My neighbor used red apples. The supply of apple placemats, rugs, plant pots, sun catchers, etc., are endless.