Decorate Plastic Shoe Boxes

$7

There are times when you need storage that is inexpensive and functional, yet you want it to be stylish. This project is a great way to give plastic shoe boxes a little color, as well as use for organizing! I used these boxes in the classroom, to help hold various items. The cute paper was actually from a set of invitations. The chalkboard labels helped with keeping organization at the forefront (literally).
First gather your supplies, all you'll need is: patterned scrapbook paper, chalkboard labels, tape, clear tape, and a pencil (optional).
You'll start with a plastic shoe box from any store. (This one came from my local dollar store.) You can choose to use a different size box- this works for all sizes!
Cut paper to your desired size. (You can mark the label location on the box with the pencil, but it's not necessary.)
Then you'll need to adhere the paper to the side of box, and add chalkboard label.
Voila! Finished! Create a set for yourself, or share with a friend!
Materials you will need...

3 Ideas To Use Terracotta Pots You Definitely Haven't Seen Before
Easy DIY Remedies For Your 7 Most Hated Bugs
25 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You SUPER Excited for Christmas
Fun Father's Day Gift Ideas You Can Make Yourself
Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas
These Clever Ideas Will Help You With Spring Cleaning

• Linda
    Linda

What glue works for putting the paper on storage box?
    • Nug26641977
      Nug26641977

I don't know but I used fancy cheap duct tape they had some cute printed ones I got owl tape for school
    • Ter24865421
      Ter24865421

I think she just taped the paper on with clear tape. No glue needed
    • Jewellmartin
      Jewellmartin

I like clear wide sealing tape. It keeps fingerprints and stray marks off the pretty paper. I would have used chalkboard labels and markers if I had them. I used to have 5-6 classes a day so I would color code everything possible for each specific class. If students were moved from one of my classes to another, I had a student secretary for each class to make the changes. I even color-coded my backup grade book. Best organizer--clear shoeboxes. Best wishes 😇
    • Bar24824656
      Bar24824656

A can of Spray-on Adhesive works on almost any surface
    • KW
      KW

www.thistothat.com will tell you the best glue for most things. Very easy to use just put in what you want to glue and what you want to glue it to....hope this helps!
    • DarWat
      DarWat

I modge podged some on some of my trays. Been holding up for about 5 years now.
    • Learning In The Wild
      Learning In The Wild

I was thinking maybe use contact paper. I havd a roll of a grey and white chevron and some chalkboard labels. And some plastic shoe boxes. Am goinb to try it tonight just to see. Again, thinking of classroom organizing decor this time of year.
    • Sharon Bruderer Anderson
      Sharon Bruderer Anderson

Double Stick Tape on the back of the paper, then adhere to the outside of the box. Should work well
    • Jackie Kirby
      Jackie Kirby

Just get some inexpensive self sticking contact paper; like what you would use in your cabinets
    • Mjh22967564
      Mjh22967564

I would use the contact paper and slightly round the corners. Second choice , paper and use wide clear packing tape to seal the paper on. This protects the finish so paper doesn't get ripped as easily and rounded corners on contact also help to keep little fingers from picking at it.
    • Amu
      Amu

ScraPerfect's Best Glue Ever: http://www.scraperfect.com
    • Lisa Marie Davenport Potts
      Lisa Marie Davenport Potts

try clear contact paper over it for protection - or put clear contact paper front and back & then lightly iron-low heat setting- with a kitchen towel over it. I've done this with many items to "laminate " them and they protect the surface. I use this for lots of purposes.
  • SueBee
    SueBee

Is the paper glued to the outside or inside of the box? Does it matter? Sorry, but I can't tell since it's clear.
  • Vivian Marquez Martinez
    Vivian Marquez Martinez

Redecorating my kitch with red accents , ANY ideas
    • Dianne Puddicombe
      Dianne Puddicombe

I have a red accent kitchen too. I only have red things that I can easily replace when I want to change to a blue or green or yellow accented kitchen. On my windowsill over the sink I have a red glass cat, a red paperweight, a red bowl. My colander is red as is the small mat in front of the sink. I have a bistro table with a red and white cloth on top and the two chairs that go with it have red and white cushions which could be easily changed. I stayed away from red pots and small red appliances like a blender and kettle.

• Anne Hewitt
      Anne Hewitt

cheap red door and drawer pulls add huge impact, could even paint white ones with a spray can.
      Christmas is coming and a beautiful red Amaryllis would look great as a centre piece

• Karen Morin
      Karen Morin

My neighbor used red apples. The supply of apple placemats, rugs, plant pots, sun catchers, etc., are endless.
    • LadyOtheLake
      LadyOtheLake

I have a red accented kitchen that uses an autumn theme.