What can you do with a broken birdbath?

My birdbath fell over, and part of the top edge broke off. Any ideas of what to do with it now?

  15 answers
  • Just Retired Just Retired on Jul 07, 2017
    Actually try gluing it with gorilla glue. They make clear glue now so try that or a silicone adhesive. Either may work for you to use it again
  • Raven Farmer Raven Farmer on Jul 07, 2017
    Could you patch it? You could use the top part as a succulent planter in the garden and the bottom as a plant stand. I have don't that before with an old bird bath.
  • Dove Dove on Jul 07, 2017
    Turn it into a fairy garden. Plant something that will hang over the broken part to camouflage it.
  • Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Jul 07, 2017
    I would glue them back together with a non water based glue and make sure you have the edges sealed real good and it should still be usable with a problem.
  • Amanda Amanda on Jul 07, 2017
    You can try to use it to make a fairy garden, or a succulent garden.
  • Sunny C Sunny C on Jul 07, 2017
    Hello Lucy; I have had this happen to me on more than one occasion!!
    Please visit Ace Hardware. I was just at one, yesterday...
    I saw a heavy duty glue that is clear. It is in a small can. It can be used for gluing the pieces back. The price is under $8.00. This glue was located next to caulking, in a tube.
    I am sorry that I do not have the name.
    I hope that this will help you!! Take Care!
  • Lucy Church Lucy Church on Jul 07, 2017
    The pieces that broke off are a crumbled mess, so there's no way to glue it back. Also, this is a one-piece birdbath, so the top is attached.
  • Betty Wilmarth Betty Wilmarth on Jul 07, 2017
    Mine cracked & no longer can be used as a birdbath. So I put small rocks around a tall flower vase with silk flowers in the top center. Very attractive.
  • Patty Chadwick Patty Chadwick on Jul 07, 2017
    what is it made o?
  • Patty Chadwick Patty Chadwick on Jul 07, 2017
    can you put another basin on top?...or replace/sculpt missing part with Quickcrete?
  • Patty Chadwick Patty Chadwick on Jul 07, 2017
    use it as a planter with trailing plants disguising broken parts...place smaller water container in center.
  • Lora Lora on Jul 07, 2017
    I would try putting a low bowl type pot into it with trailing plants of your choice.
  • Julies1949 Julies1949 on Jul 07, 2017
    I would leave it tipped over and plant in front of it so it looks like the plants are spilling out of it.
  • Ginny Ginny on Jul 07, 2017
    Is it cement or plastic? I have recently purchased Gorilla Glue and mended a garden disc with it and so far so good. GG works on lots of things and comes in various sizes and price ranges.
  • Dean Martin Dean Martin on Jul 09, 2017
    mine broke too. It was my moms and cant bear to throw away. I put it,broken side, next to garden shed. Placed some plants on trailing vinca vine and wala problem solved.