How to get dried paint out of clothes,mainly cotton,w/out ruining them

+4
  • Dfm Dfm on Jul 07, 2017
    What type of paint spilled? you might try a paint stripper agent. put a stack of paper toweling Under the spot. Try a few drops..remove cloth and see f it's helping. If not dedicate these clothing for the messy chores.
  • Norris720 Norris720 on Jul 07, 2017
    try Goof-off
  • C. D. Scallan C. D. Scallan on Jul 07, 2017
    Try rubbing alcohol and then scrubbing with a soft brush and Dawn . Wash in cold water but DON'T DRY. If its not all gone, repeat the process until it is gone.
  • Patty Chadwick Patty Chadwick on Jul 07, 2017
    I have sometimes been able to remove dried acrylic paint with fabric softener like Downey, by applying it full-strength and working it in with my fingernails...then washing as usual with laundry detergent like Tide.
    I use fabric softener on my paint brushes for this...have gotten acrylic paint out of a cotton shirt by working liquid softrner, like Downey, into fabric with my fingernail.
  • Megan Marie McCabe Megan Marie McCabe on Jul 07, 2017
    Goof Off can work too. Just make sure you rinse and wash right away or that can leave a stain. You let it soak for a minute and then gentle scrap the paint off. I just used this to get paint off one of my daughter's "Pink" sweatshirts. Goop Hand Cleaner is also a good one to try. Use this all the time on the weird stains my husband gets on his clothes. He's a firefighter