Design Solution for Ugly Tub Front

I recently redecorated the master bathroom. It's smaller than I would like but it's great to have three full baths. This bathroom has a whirlpool tub which is wonderful but created an unsightly area that I hated. The tub surround is an acrylic product made by Swanstone which is durable, beautiful and never needs to be re-grouted. I had some pieces leftover after we installed the surround. My brain went to work on creating a removable (needed to have access to the mechanicals) front panel to cover up the ugly tub front. The items I used to make the panel are: fiberboard for the backing, Swanstone acrylic sheet and trim pieces, mosaic tile 12x12 sheet, silicone glue, and grout. These are photos of the finished product.
After Photo:
The visual created by the panel was a great improvement over the glaring white space created by the whirlpool tub front.
After Photo: The visual created by the panel was a great improvement over the glaring white space created by the whirlpool tub front.
After Photo:
This is the finished panel I made to cover the ugly white front of the whirlpool tub. I used leftover pieces from the tub surround and 12x12 mosaic tile sheets.
After Photo: This is the finished panel I made to cover the ugly white front of the whirlpool tub. I used leftover pieces from the tub surround and 12x12 mosaic tile sheets.
After Photo:
The panel covers up the ugly front of the whirlpool tub and can be removed to access the mechanicals when necessary.
After Photo: The panel covers up the ugly front of the whirlpool tub and can be removed to access the mechanicals when necessary.
Before Photo:
This is a photo of the bare whirlpool tub front. I know the toilet is unattractive but the bathroom is small so I'm limited.
Before Photo: This is a photo of the bare whirlpool tub front. I know the toilet is unattractive but the bathroom is small so I'm limited.
Before Photo:
This is a photo of the bare whirlpool tub front.  I know the toilet is unattractive but the bathroom is small so I'm limited.

• Kim Petry Buhrman

This is beautiful! Can you please explain how the panel is removable? Thank you!

• Kim Petry Buhrman

Hello! I posted a comment too, but we love your idea and was curious how you made the front panel removable. Thank you very much for your time and look forward to hearing from you!