Noting Grace
Noting Grace
  • Columbia, TN

Pallet Curtain Rods - My 30 Minute Solution

$30

Y’all, I love my bay window. It was the view from this window which finally sold me on buying this fixer-upper! I have never covered it up with curtains, shades, or furniture because being able to look out across a huge grassy field and watch deer and other wildlife pass unobstructed is a daily joy. But the space was screaming for some love and attention.
pallet curtain rods
The problem was, with the smaller size of the side windows, there was no way to hang standard curtain rods and my life’s mission with this window is not to have curtains covering that view! That’s when I had a light-bulb moment! Here’s how I did it in less than a 1/2 hour with pallet wood.
pallet curtain rods
While on a recent trip to Hobby Lobby, I found a bundle of weathered craft wood. These were skinnier pieces that would be perfect for the small space above my bay window, but I wasn’t sure how I was going to hang the sheers. Then it came to me: I had some old wooden curtain rings that had screw-in eyelets with hanging hooks.
pallet curtain rods
I marked each craft wood piece, spaced about 4 inches apart for the eyelet screws. Then I predrilled pilot holes and screwed in the eyelet hooks.  For my window, I used two pieces of craft wood on each side with seven of the eyelet hooks each side.
pallet curtain rods
Next, I screwed the two pieces into each corner of the bay window. I didn’t make miter cuts to the wood. In fact, I didn’t make any cuts at all.

I butted the two wood pieces beside each other and it was a perfect fit!
pallet curtain rods
Next, I clipped the sheers evenly and that's it!
pallet curtain rods
The result is light and bright without too much obstruction of my beautiful view.
pallet curtain rods
I love these pallet curtain rods so much, but I love even more how quick and easy the whole project was.
pallet curtain rods
The wood elements add just a touch of warmth to the room.
pallet curtain rods
Surprisingly, a simple stack of craft pallet wood and old hooks transformed my plain bay window into a soft and cozy feature! There’s still plenty of room to see outside, but now, it’s pretty to look at.

To see the rest of this Dining Room Makeover, you can click the link below to see how I styled my room, or you can check out my many other pallet projects I've done!
Noting Grace

• Cristi Roe

It is lovely and you are such a beautiful girl! I would like to see double the amount of fabric done inthe same way and I would like to see the tie-backs made from a piece of that weathered wood