Pallet Curtain Rods - My 30 Minute Solution

$30

Y’all, I love my bay window. It was the view from this window which finally sold me on buying this fixer-upper! I have never covered it up with curtains, shades, or furniture because being able to look out across a huge grassy field and watch deer and other wildlife pass unobstructed is a daily joy. But the space was screaming for some love and attention.
The problem was, with the smaller size of the side windows, there was no way to hang standard curtain rods and my life’s mission with this window is not to have curtains covering that view! That’s when I had a light-bulb moment! Here’s how I did it in less than a 1/2 hour with pallet wood.
While on a recent trip to Hobby Lobby, I found a bundle of weathered craft wood. These were skinnier pieces that would be perfect for the small space above my bay window, but I wasn’t sure how I was going to hang the sheers. Then it came to me: I had some old wooden curtain rings that had screw-in eyelets with hanging hooks.
I marked each craft wood piece, spaced about 4 inches apart for the eyelet screws. Then I predrilled pilot holes and screwed in the eyelet hooks.  For my window, I used two pieces of craft wood on each side with seven of the eyelet hooks each side.
Next, I screwed the two pieces into each corner of the bay window. I didn’t make miter cuts to the wood. In fact, I didn’t make any cuts at all.

I butted the two wood pieces beside each other and it was a perfect fit!
Next, I clipped the sheers evenly and that's it!
The result is light and bright without too much obstruction of my beautiful view.
I love these pallet curtain rods so much, but I love even more how quick and easy the whole project was.
The wood elements add just a touch of warmth to the room.
Surprisingly, a simple stack of craft pallet wood and old hooks transformed my plain bay window into a soft and cozy feature! There’s still plenty of room to see outside, but now, it’s pretty to look at.

To see the rest of this Dining Room Makeover, you can click the link below to see how I styled my room, or you can check out my many other pallet projects I've done!

30 Stylish Update Ideas You'll Want To Use For Your Bedroom
18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
25 Decor Ideas That Will Add Some Spring to Your Home
3 Absolutely Adorable Ways To Display Your Plants
3 Wonderful Ways You Can Upcycle Old Windows
30 Ideas To Make Your Office Look Great
Noting Grace

• Angie Mercedes
    Angie Mercedes

They sell a rod for bay window. Here mine I get from amazon

• Carolyn
      Carolyn

I very much like the contrast of the darker wood and the white. Nice idea and looks lovely!!

• Susan
    Susan

The link to the eyelet hooks are not screw in? They have circle loops to on a pole. Where did you get the clips with the screw on other end?

• Em
      Em

I think the links for materials are just suggestions from hometalk.

• Connie Driscoll
    Connie Driscoll

why not paint the wood and hooks white to blend in?

• Trish F
      Trish F

Because she didn't want to.

If you'd read the other comments you would have seen that this is redundant and has already been addressed.

• Laura
    Laura

I have these same windows, and I don’t want to block the view.

This look will soften the windows! I love it! Thank you for such a great idea!

• Kimzbizz
    Kimzbizz

I love this project. I just wish someone would invent another way of gathering the curtains without tying them in the middle. I have never been a fan of that look!