Pallet Curtain Rods - My 30 Minute Solution

$30

Y’all, I love my bay window. It was the view from this window which finally sold me on buying this fixer-upper! I have never covered it up with curtains, shades, or furniture because being able to look out across a huge grassy field and watch deer and other wildlife pass unobstructed is a daily joy. But the space was screaming for some love and attention.
The problem was, with the smaller size of the side windows, there was no way to hang standard curtain rods and my life’s mission with this window is not to have curtains covering that view! That’s when I had a light-bulb moment! Here’s how I did it in less than a 1/2 hour with pallet wood.
While on a recent trip to Hobby Lobby, I found a bundle of weathered craft wood. These were skinnier pieces that would be perfect for the small space above my bay window, but I wasn’t sure how I was going to hang the sheers. Then it came to me: I had some old wooden curtain rings that had screw-in eyelets with hanging hooks.
I marked each craft wood piece, spaced about 4 inches apart for the eyelet screws. Then I predrilled pilot holes and screwed in the eyelet hooks.  For my window, I used two pieces of craft wood on each side with seven of the eyelet hooks each side.
Next, I screwed the two pieces into each corner of the bay window. I didn’t make miter cuts to the wood. In fact, I didn’t make any cuts at all.

I butted the two wood pieces beside each other and it was a perfect fit!
Next, I clipped the sheers evenly and that's it!
The result is light and bright without too much obstruction of my beautiful view.
I love these pallet curtain rods so much, but I love even more how quick and easy the whole project was.
The wood elements add just a touch of warmth to the room.
Surprisingly, a simple stack of craft pallet wood and old hooks transformed my plain bay window into a soft and cozy feature! There’s still plenty of room to see outside, but now, it’s pretty to look at.

To see the rest of this Dining Room Makeover, you can click the link below to see how I styled my room, or you can check out my many other pallet projects I've done!

Noting Grace

• Gursharan kaur

Hello madam, I’m impressed by the wonderful idea. I was just wondering where you stay that you can see deer and other wildlife from your window.

• Stephanie Martin

I don’t know where she lives, but I live in San Antonio on the out skirts, they are everywhere. When my son was in 8th grade we had a deer delay because the deer were playing on the field with the boys. It was actually amazing to watch, they are used to the people in the neighborhood, so many aren’t that skidish.

But any green/ wooded area in Texas they are pretty much there.

• Angie Mercedes

They sell a rod for bay window. Here mine I get from amazon

• Susan

The link to the eyelet hooks are not screw in? They have circle loops to on a pole. Where did you get the clips with the screw on other end?

• Slew Dee

Those are eye hook screws that are painted. Then, the round black curtain rod hooks with the clips for the curtain are from Ikea (sold as a set). I think she just used the clip part and put them on the eye hook screws.

• Ernestine Westbrook

I like this idea,I am making blue jeans curtains for my son's room and think that this would be a neat way to hang them. Thanks for the idea.

• Rhonda

this didn't work because the pallet boards needed to be double mounted so that the curtain hung over the molding instead of against the molding. redo.