Oily food stains_ how can I get them out?

+6
HELP, my husband needs to wear a bib, I have tried all the products on store selves to get the food stains off his shirts nothing works. Always checking his shirts after he gets home from work

• Julie Dever Julie Dever on Jul 08, 2017
    I use a stain pretreat like "shout". Some oily stains just never come out of some fabrics....like polyester blends! Sometimes it takes a few tries, especially when the stained item has been in the dryer. Persistence.
  • Jordan Jordan on Jul 08, 2017
    rub the stains with pure lemon oil, then wash
  • Rebecca Braithwaite Rebecca Braithwaite on Jul 08, 2017
    I have successfully used Resolve Carpet spray in the past to get rid of oily stains on t-shirts. Just spray it in and let the item sit for a while before washing. I have also used it directly in the laundry water. Not sure why it works but it takes out oily stains that Shout doesn't.
  • Tracy Tracy on Jul 08, 2017
    Put Dawn dishwashing detergent over the grease stains, let it sit for a few minutes, then launder like normal. Works like a charm!

• Have you tried a quick soak in vinegar? Dawn dish soap might work too.
  • Betsy Wilson Betsy Wilson on Jul 08, 2017
    greased lightening
  • Lora Lora on Jul 08, 2017
    My husband is the same way! I use Blue Dawn detergent and an old toothbrush to scrub it a bit. Sometimes takes more than once.
  • Shirley Young Shirley Young on Jul 08, 2017
    bzfd.it/2fNtIHy,,,,hope you can open this link, it contains ideas on how to remove four types of stains....you could possibly copy/paste the link into your browser