How to Create a Kid's Dream Bedroom

$600

For the longest time, I've been wanting to update my daughter's bedroom. She's 11 now and was in serious need of an update that was a bit more age appropriate. My husband and I are teachers and could never afford to hire an interior decorator--and besides, I love decorating! For my daughter's room, I used Teen Pottery Barn's photos as inspiration, but also found ways to cut costs.

See my video and steps
how to create a kid s dream bedroom
Step 3: Prep the room by painting the walls. Paint the walls a soft color so that it doesn't take away from the room decor.

Step 4: Once the walls dry, start decorating. Hang the art on the walls, make the bed, and add all of those final touches to other furniture like desks, dressers and side tables.
how to create a kid s dream bedroom
Step 5: Allow him or her to enjoy their new room!
Before
Before
After!
After!

To see more: http://sashaagent.com/home-decor/birthday-room-makeover/

• Kristin

where did you find the ruffled quilt/duvet on the end of the bed? Gorgeous job on the room.
    • Linda Valentine

If you'll view the video, she tells you where she bought each item as well as the prices.

• Sue Purdy

Beautiful room. I love the colour combination.
  • Linda Sikut

Wonderful room! You did a great job and we can tell that she loves it. Love her on the video!