What is the best thing to use to get rid of annoying squirrels?

+4
  • Dfm Dfm on Jul 09, 2017
    trap and release across a river.
  • Dfm Dfm on Jul 09, 2017
    trap and relocate across the river.......or relocate to stew pot depending on time of year.
  • Judy Judy on Jul 09, 2017
    Stick Mothballs in their tunnels, or near the shrubs that they love. They will go elsewhere.
  • Merrdith mozer Merrdith mozer on Jul 09, 2017
    cats
  • Nor25769418 Nor25769418 on Jul 09, 2017
    Have you tried using Ceyenne Pepper? You can sprinkle it on the ground and in the birdseed in your open birdfeeders....it will not hurt the birds and the squirrels do not like the taste of it and they leave...it works.
  • Betsy Betsy on Sep 23, 2018

Hi Gloria: Basically, you can't get rid of squirrels. Feed them somewhere else, and remember, everything needs to eat, so if you can, learn to enjoy the little buggers. I will say that they climb up my peach trees and throw peaches at me, but that's only when I forget to put something out for them:) If they are chewing on your plants, spray with a mixture of 3/4 water and 1/4 oil of clove (you can get it in the candy making section of the store, it's a bottle about 2 1/2 inches high and only costs a couple of bucks). Put this in a spray bottle and spray whatever you don't want chewed or clawed. Works for cats and dogs, too. Won't harm them, smells great, tastes terrible:( Good luck

• Get a bag of blood meal from the nursery, spread through garden. The squirrels don't like blood smell at all and it also is a mild fertilizer