Dollar Store Outdoor Chandelier

$27

When I spotted the prettiest little candleholders for just one dollar at my local Dollar Tree I knew a project was in the works! This dollar store DIY outdoor chandelier is something my sister has been wanting for her back yard, so this was the perfect time to go for it!
dollar store outdoor chandelier
I began with these two small hula hoops, some burlap ribbon, twine, candle holders and battery operated tea lights.  
dollar store outdoor chandelier
I began by hot gluing the two hula hoops together, one on top of the other.
dollar store outdoor chandelier
My burlap ribbon was wrapped around the hula hoops, gluing it as I went.  I wanted this entire project to be able to be done from the dollar store, but you might be able to get a little higher quality burlap ribbon elsewhere for the same $3 I spent on mine.
dollar store outdoor chandelier
I wrapped the entire hula hoops completely with the ribbon.
dollar store outdoor chandelier
When I had the hoops covered, I trimmed off the excess strings.  I repeat if you buy a higher quality ribbon you probably wouldn’t need to trim it.
dollar store outdoor chandelier
I tied the twine to the hula hoops equally spaced around the hoops.
dollar store outdoor chandelier
After I had tied four pieces of twine I was able to suspend my ring.
dollar store outdoor chandelier
Next step is to simply tie the candleholders onto the rings at equal distances from one another so the chandelier will hang level.  When I go to this point I thought I would be done, but I though it looked a little bare, so back to the dollar store for some greenery.
dollar store outdoor chandelier
 The vines from Dollar Tree are quite lacking, but I began by wrapping two of these garlands on the hoops.  I followed  up with three ivy picks which I cut apart and attached by sticking the stems through the burlap and adding a little twin in a few spots where I wanted to secure the greenery al little better.
dollar store outdoor chandelier
My chandelier is a going to be a great addition to my sister’s patio, adding a pretty glow in the evenings.  Make sure you don’t use real candles in these or you might burn through your twine and have your candleholders fall and break!  Dollar store DIY projects are sometimes a challenge, but it is fun to see what you end up with and how you can use it, in this case a lovely addition to your outdoor space. I used battery operated tea light candles!

• Candle holders  (Dollar Tree)
  • Faux vines and ivy  (Dollar Tree)
  • Hula Hoops  (Dollar Tree)
Celebrate & Decorate (Chloe Crabtree)

• Amy Ogden-Paparone

This is my all time favorite outdoor chandelier ever!! Beautiful job! :)

• Priscilla Spence

I am going to take your project and add dollar store solar lights instead of the battery operated tea lights!! Love your idea!!!