I have 2 tomato plants in buckets and one looks like it's wilting

+3
  • SandyG SandyG on Jul 10, 2017
    Do you have drainage in the buckets? Water will collect in the bottom of the bucket and suffocate the roots.
  • Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Jul 10, 2017
    I have a bush early girl tomato in a large pot. As hot as it has been and how huge(6feet) and full of tomatoes it is, Mine needs water about 3 times a day, it is up to three plus gallons on hot days. Perhaps if it isn't too much water, that particular plant needs more water than the other.
    • Pat24143544 Pat24143544 on Jul 10, 2017
      Yes mine are early girl and I think you are right. So I guess I just give it more water. Thanks.
  • Chas' Crazy Creations Chas' Crazy Creations on Jul 10, 2017
    Here is an article that might be helpful - https://www.thespruce.com/common-mistakes-growing-tomatoes-in-containers-848169 - good luck
  • Luanne Luanne on Jul 10, 2017
    It's possible that the roots never really branched out and grew, can you wiggle the base of the plant and see movement the approximate size of its original container [it's root-bound]? When transplanting, you have to loosen the roots and lay them out so they will grow along with the plant above ground. You can try to replant it - pull it up & loosen all the soil in the container then replant it. Don't overdo the packing down of the soil, instead water and let the water help pack the soil. Add more soil until you have the amount you want.