Chas
Chas
  • Hometalk Helper
  • Fort Collins, CO

Patio Table Lighthouse Light

$4

You have probably seen the terracotta light houses before. I have one I made a few years back that is one of the typical large sized ones. This one is made with smaller terracotta pots and is great for a patio table light. These are really easy to make, great craft for adults and kids, and they're not very expensive. Makes a great gift idea too!

I would love to have you subscribe to my blog to see my
patio table lighthouse light
For this project you'll need:

3 different size terracotta pots - for mine I'll be using 3 of the smallest sized pots I could find.

Acrylic paint of your choice

Paint Brush

Sharpie

Silicone

Solar Light
patio table lighthouse light
You'll paint your largest terracotta pot in a color of your choice. You can decide if you want to paint the bottom of the terracotta pot - when you stack them later you won't see this. The only one that matters is the very top one (smallest terracotta pot).
patio table lighthouse light
You'll paint your middle size terracotta pot again in whatever color you would like.
patio table lighthouse light
Lastly you'll paint the smallest terracotta pot in a color your pick. I decided to make my top and bottom terracotta pots the same color and the middle one a different color. There is not right or wrong - design it for you :)
patio table lighthouse light
After you have painted all 3 flower pots, let them dry completely.
patio table lighthouse light
Use silicone to "stick" them together. The silicone will need to dry for 24 hours to dry.
patio table lighthouse light
Using a sharpie (or you could use paint) make your windows on your light house.

Once windows are dry, I recommend spraying your light house with an acrylic sealer of your choice to help preserve it.
patio table lighthouse light
Pull the stem off your solar light. You can silicone your solar light onto the top like this. I decided to saw off the little stem at the bottom to make the solar light flat.
patio table lighthouse light
Once your silicone is dry, it's ready to go outside.
patio table lighthouse light
The more sun your solar light gets, the longer it will stay lit up in the evenings.
patio table lighthouse light
Here is a picture of the solar light lit up. I love my new little patio light.
patio table lighthouse light
I'll be making this and more things with terracotta pots on Hometalk's Facebook Live DIY - Tuesday. Aug 8th at 3pm EST.

I would love to have you subscribe to my blog to see my latest posts, projects, recipes, exclusives, and more -  Chas' Crazy Creations

• 3 different size terracotta flower pots  (Walmart)
  • Acrylic paint of your choice  (Walmart)
  • Paint Brush
Chas

• Debra

Where can I buy a solar light?

• Chas

I got mine at Dollar Tree. If you don't have that store you should be able to find them at Walmart or a hardware store.

• Jimmie Baker

how did you make this

• Chas

Hi Jimmie, instructions are here on this page, is there a part you are needing help with? If you have Facebook I'll be making this project for you to watch this Tuesday if you are interested. Www.facebook.com/Hometalk.

• Nan27272426

Did you not seal this? If not the weather will soon start peeling the acrylic paint . I for got this step and had to repaint and then put on a good sealer.

• Chas

Oh no, I'm sorry that is a bummer. Yes, I sealed it with acrylic sealer, and it mentions this step in the post.

• Jenny

I have to make this! I live on the in GB, Norfolk on the east coast, so I need a nod to the seasideon my doorstep. Thanks, yours look great x

• Chas

Thank you and I'm so excited you want to make one too! Please send me pictures when your's is done :)

• Robin Senese

Awesome job!! I’ve got quite a few pots so thx for sharing!

• Chas

Thank you very much Robin - I'm so glad you like it :)