Dollar Store Basket Turned Wreath Form

$3

This post was inspired by A Piece of Rainbow

Next time you're at the Dollar Store be sure to grab a plastic laundry basket. This easy hack is going to save you time and money when making your own wreath.
First start with a Dollar Store basket. The sizes available vary so choose your size depending on the size of wreath you'd like.
Next, measure the basket. Cut around the 4" mark. This will ensure that you have enough room for the greens to pile up in the basket and not overflow.

Cut the basket in half, making sure not to cut too close to the weave that the basket splits open.
Next, choose your size and begin filling the wreath with clippings from your garden. Be sure to place your basket with the top down and the weave facing up.

Also, when clipping blooms for the wreath, be sure to make them long enough to overlap and form a sturdy bottom.
Once you have a few layers begin tying them together with thin twine. This is where your wreath will begin to take shape. I used Eremurus himalaicus and mint for my base.
Once you have at least 2 layers tied off, you can remove the basket, revealing your perfectly circle wreath!
To finish off me wreath and hide the twine, I placed cone flowers and lavender in my wreath.
The wreath came out so good and it's the perfect size to hang in your home as well. You can hang it over your stove, use it as a centerpiece and place a candle in the middle or even a flower crown!
This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

20 Ways To Improve Your Drop Cloth
25 Decor Ideas That Will Add Some Spring to Your Home
15 Amazing Things You Can Do With Paint Stirrers
Everything Red For Canada Day
15 Amazing Craft Projects That You Can Do Under 15 Minutes
Valentine's Day Is Getting Closer! Get Ready With These Lovely Ideas