Kristin
Kristin
  • Prinsburg, MN

Simple Uses for Ordinary Items: Cardboard Tubes

Cardboard tubes.I have always been quick to recycle them, but I have learned to save just a few. Who would've known that cardboard tubes could be used for so many things?Extend your vacuum by slipping a cardboard tube onto the wand to clean in hard to reach places if your wand won't read.Store cords in tubes: keep your cords contained and store in boxes.Looking to start a garden? Cut the tubes to size, place in a box, fill tubes with soil, and plant seeds.Decorate tubes to make homemade napkin ringsOffice storage: store scissors, rulers, markers, etc. in tubes by decorating them with paper and using modge-podge for cute storage.Child's toy - make a microphone for kids by placing aluminum foil or paper towels scrunched up in one end.Make a drum - insert small rocks into carboard tube, seal off edges with fabric, fastening fabric with rubberband.Homemade birdfeeder - spread peanut butter on tube, roll in bird seed, and hang with string from a tree.Fly strip - wrap a cardboard tube in transparent tape and watch your flies B GONERoll important documents up and store in tubes - never to be wrinkled!Store fabric scraps in tubes and store in a row on a shelf or in a box (even string too!)Crease-free linens - wrap napkins, tablecloths (on larger tubes) to prevent creases on your fine linensCut up cardboard tubes and use as kindling for a fire
Don't you just LOVE using SIMPLE items for such practical uses? That is why it is important to remember that we can use so many things in this world for more than one thing that it was given for. I personally find it FUN and thrilling to find these type of uses for simple things.
Find more simple uses for ordinary items on www.organizinglifewithless.com
simple uses for ordinary items cardboard tubes, crafts, repurposing upcycling

Kristin

• Rebecca

I use tubes to store my silicone baking sheets. I have a silicone pie rolling sheet that I roll up with a floured cotton dish towel. The tubes keep things rolled up and under control in drawers.

• Artemis

Ditto. It's the absolute best way to store them. I roll them in paper towels that I change out after each use. I use the old paper towels while baking.

• ..I use them to make Christmas decor...scrolled snowflakes ( the larger tubes) and also use them at Halloween for crafts :) Thanks for he ideas !