Laci Jane DIY
Laci Jane DIY
  • Indianapolis, IN

Shoe Storage Milk Crates

$20

I'm going to show you guys how to make a shoe storage out of milk crates and zip ties. It's a cost effective, practical solution for storage shoes (or whatever else you can need)
shoe storage milk crates
You will need zip ties, a drill, drill bit, milk crates, and a piece of wood for the top
shoe storage milk crates
Using a drill bit-drill a hole in the crates
shoe storage milk crates
Zip tie the crates together
shoe storage milk crates
Stack your crates and drill a hole to connect them together. You can go however many wide and tall you need. I just used 4 milk crates because my foyer is very small.
shoe storage milk crates
Continue this process until it's secure
shoe storage milk crates
I placed a piece of scrap wood I had in my garage on the top so it doubles as a small entry table. I used these bins from Amazon and they fit perfectly! It helps to hide the clutter!

• Milk crates  (http://amzn.to/2u1WeNT)
  • Zip ties  (http://amzn.to/2sIZQQW)
  • Bins  (http://rstyle.me/iA-n/cm6jnycbhmf_)

Laci Jane DIY

• Kathryn

was just concerned about the bins getting wet and dirty, from shoes. You would have to leave them out to dry, and that would take up more room in your entrance. Any suggestions?

• DeAnna Bauknecht Bush

They have bins made of fake leather and plastic and whatnot that can be used instead of fabric.... target, W.M. maybe that would work.

• Kimberly Hill

would you or could attach another board to the bottom and add footing or even casters so it can roll a bit?

• Carol

I think those great industrial casters would look great on something like this! In fact with the great spray paint they have now, I would have painted the crates before I put the top on. Just to freshen them up. In fact, this would make great toy storage for a childs room and each create could be painted different colors that worked for the child or the room. Locking casters would be a must here and you could use plastic starage bins instead of clothe so you could wipe them out to keep them germ free and clean. In fact, I just taked myself into making one for our three young great-grandchildren! Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful idea! I❤

• Rosa

Where can I buy the milk crates???😊😊

• Chris

Thank you for this great idea. Used it to organize my tiny craft room. Two crates high by three crates long, just fits. Took a couple of hours of measuring and drilling, cost next to nothing as I already had the crates. So much better than piles of boxes! :) Thanks again!

• Elizabeth Kelly

Awesome 😎