How to Get Rid of Black Mold in Your Shower Caulking

$1

If you don't want to take the time and the expense to remove and replace your shower or bathtub caulking that is currently moldy, then this is a great way to remove the mold and mold stains that is very affordable and easy! Plus, it works amazing!
So, if you have a bathtub with caulk that looks like this, follow along!
You'll need cotton balls, gloves, water, and bleach. Eye protection and a ventilation mask also recommended.
Mix water and bleach together in a small dish, using only a little bleach. Open the window, turn on the fan, and wear gloves!

Dip a cotton ball into the bleach water and then apply the wet cotton ball directly to the caulking around your tub.
If you have moldy spots in the vertical caulking of your tub, stretch out the cotton balls a bit first before dipping them in the bleach water. Start with the highest part and then work your way down as the liquid dripping down will cause the ones below it to fall.
Let the cotton balls stay on the caulking for about 2 hours. Remove one and see if the mold is gone. If not, wait another hour.

If looks good, remove the cotton balls and dispose them in the trash.

You should now have beautiful caulking!
For more tips on using bleach and removing mold from caulking, head to my post (linked at the bottom) for all the details and to check out more of my cleaning tutorials.

And if you like smart tips like this, be sure to check out my ebook Speed Clean the Deep Clean which has more than 50 cleaning tutorials and cleaning tips for all areas of your home.

Katelyn Fagan

• Janet Doolen

What do you recommend for removing rusty stains from my shower walls. My water causes staining on the walls.

• GS
      7 minutes ago

"Bar Keepers Friend" works great on rust!

• Dianeth Rivera Creagh

I need a good product to clean my shower soap scum

• Laura

Try Kaboom. I have had great results using it. Though I do use a soft scrubby to Help cut the scum and the time to do the job

• Fatimeh D'keidek

How are the cotton balls sticking?

• Bev

For years, I have put straight bleach in a spray bottle and sprayed my shower walls. Just spray on while shower is dry let it sit for a few hours. I usually do this before bed and let it sit over night and wake up to mold free shower walls. No scrubing required! I do rinse the walls before using the shower again.

• Sheri Wigley Fortune

I went to a beauty supply store and got the roll of cotton they use for perms soaked it in bleach left in on over night. The next day it was a beautiful white and has stayed that way for 4 years

• Laurie

yes