Laundry Basket Upcycle

$12

Learn how to transform a plain dollar store laundry basket into a pretty burlap basket for your home storage and decor needs! This is an inexpensive project that does not take a lot of time to make, yet the results are fantastic! It will be a great addition to your home. (You can see more of my storage and organization projects here!)
Begin by spray painting a plain laundry basket. You can choose any color you like! Just make sure you pick a spray paint that works on plastic.
Once the spray painted laundry basket has fully dried, cut a piece of burlap ribbon to be 1.5 times the circumference of the bottom row of slats on the basket.
Begin weaving the burlap ribbon in and out of the slats.
Tie off the ends of the burlap ribbon on the inside of the basket.
Repeat the process all the way up the basket until you have filled each row with burlap ribbon.
Add any additional embellishments you like. I added a wooden tag labeled "cozy things" and some yarn pom poms for fun.
Fill your basket with anything you need! Blankets, pillows, plants, or clutter you need to hide are all perfect items to store in your laundry basket turned decorative basket!
To learn more about this project and to see the full shoppable supply list and additional photos, please visit my blog at the link below. Also, please visit my Home Decor Projects Gallery here!

Bre @ Average But Inspired