Distressed Dresser - but Not in a Good Way. Ahem

$42

Have you ever run across a piece of furniture that is begging for a refresh? This particular dresser was looking quite sad. It had damage to the top, front, and peeling veneer. I can honestly say I feel like that sometimes, do you?  Let me tell you the story of my distressed dresser.
distressed dresser but not in a good way ahem
I had to laugh when I first laid eyes on this piece. To me it looked to be foaming out the mouth. hahaha!! See the shaggy veneer, missing trim, mismatched knobs? A hot mess for sure.
What to do?? With a bit of DIY know-how using my method to remove veneer, I was able to give this dresser a fresh start. It is looking better already!
These wooden knobs from Rustic Brands were sure to get me to the finished look I was after. Aren't they gorgeous? Tap the link and use PRODIGAL20 to get 20% off your first order. woot!
After a few coats of paint and a bit of extra touches, my once distressed dresser is now farmhouse chic. I love the new look and am happy to say it didn't last long in my shop. Woot! Come on over to the blog to get the details on this makeover and see what else I'm up to. We are always have fun over there! See you there!

• Knobs  (Rustic Brands)
  • Paint  (Home Depot)
Larissa ~ Prodigal Pieces