Dagmar's Home
Dagmar's Home
  • Katonah, NY

$20 Instant Porch Curtains With Shower Liners!

$20

Find the easy tutorial on Dagmar's Home.

Every time it rains, I had to move the wood furniture on our porch to the center of the porch and cover them with plastic tarps so they wouldn't get ruined.

That not only doesn’t look nice, it’s also just annoying!

We were not able to enjoy the porch like we would like to because I was constantly moving things.

So I came up with the perfect, inexpensive solution: add
diy porch curtains with shower liners
DIY Porch Curtains Made With $10 Shower Curtain Liners.
diy porch curtains with shower liners
This is our porch full of wood furniture that I had to cover every time it rained. Not anymore!
diy porch curtains with shower liners
{Some of this site’s links are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.}

These are the supplies you need for my DIY porch curtains.

One tip: measure the length of wire you will need and have the store cut it to size for you. Here is a link to all the materials.
diy porch curtains with shower liners
My sweet husband, a finish carpenter, helped me to put up the cable on the porch. All he had to do is screw in two screws, and then we were able to hang the curtains!
diy porch curtains with shower liners
Voila - DIY porch curtains! They repel the rain, plus give us more privacy.

To see the step-by-tep tutorial of how I put together the hardware, go to Dagmar's Home. It's super easy - promise!

Below you will find links to all the supplies so you can easily order them.
Dagmar's Home

• Fra23112259

my washer was rust on the part where the bleach goes at what can I use the remove it.

• Joann Felters

I like the idea, but how do you know which direction the rain will fall? Most times the rain does NOT come straight down...it is either slanted to the left or right!

• Joann Felters

Thanks Lynn, but that only takes care of the rain on one side. If the curtain is posted on the left side of the porch and rain comes from the front or the right, then everything is wet. Just wondering!

• Shirlene

How do you keep the curtain from blowing up in the wind?

• Khelli Boyd

Think I would skip the cheap liners and look for some nice weatherproof fabric ones that wouldn't call like crazy in a hard breeze . Shower liners are notorious thin and fli.sy

• Jcole

Great idea! Shower curtain liners are inexpensive, and if you buy the right product, they are durable and wash very well. This solves a problem on my new, open front porch and there are many colors available to either blend in or make a statement. Can't wait til spring :-)