Apothecary Jar Made With a Mason Jar

$5

I love mason jars. We store a lot of things in mason jars in our kitchen, and when I found a pretty finial and short candle holder in a thrift store, I made this apothecary jar.

Find the full tutorial on Dagmar's Home.

I’ll show you how to make this mason jar apothecary jar with just a few simple steps.
apothecary jar made with a mason jar
Make a pretty apothecary jar out of a simple mason jar! You could also upcycle a salsa or pasta sauce jar, or similar jars with a lid.
apothecary jar made with a mason jar
This is all you need: a mason jar, a short candle stick for the base, and a pretty finial or something similar for the top of the mason jar lid.

Find the tutorial on Dagmar's Home.

Make sure you use a candle stick that's not too tall so your apothecary jar doesn't fall over easily.

I added a cute touch: I added some buttons to the hole in the candle stick before I glued together the mason jar and the candlestick so the buttons peak through the glass.
apothecary jar made with a mason jar
Here is our pretty apothecary jar filled with candy on our kitchen counter.
apothecary jar made with a mason jar
I added candy to my apothecary jar, but you could store anything else it. What about craft supplies or cookies? Little toys, pens, or bathroom supplies?

What would you store in your apothecary mason jar?
apothecary jar made with a mason jar
Cute, right?

• Mason jar  (Target)
  • Candle holder
  • Glue
Dagmar's Home