Cedar 4x4 Greenhouse

$1600
1 Week

This is a cedar greenhouse I built last year in my yard .It is 10 ft wide by 11 1/2 ft long . I had some extra lumber laying around so this is what I decided to make :-)
I started by using 4 pressure treated 4x4s for the bottom plates of the frame .
I did half lap joints on the bottom of the frame .
The height of the walls are 6 ft .Once they were in place I plumbed them up and made sure everything is square and level .
next step was adding the main roof frame .
I added all the 4x4s afterwards once I knew how wide the plastic sheets were so it would be less cutting . I added cedar trim pieces so the plastic could be attached . I used 1 x 6 cedar for the bottom section .
I filled in the rest of the roof rafters then added the rest of the plastic .I also added 2 roof vents at the top of the roof .
I also added removable shelving to the inside of the green house .
Once the plastic was done I added the double door to the front .
We were still getting snow in early spring :-(

• Lisa West

Its looks great. Question though, did you have to have a permit for this structure or no? Some times and state require a permit for certain size sheds. So I was wondering what your town veiws the green house as?

• Kristi

How much did it cost when finalized? That corrugated plastic is kinda pricey.

• John

I had a lot of the cedar , All together it cost me $ 2,000.00 but 4 months after I built it someone bought it from me for $ 4.000.00 and moved it a half hour away .I am building a new one with 6x6 cedar . Different style .It is also being built with same plastic , total will be about $ 1,000.00

• Mike

Do you have materials list and blueprints for this greenhouse

• Maureen

Beautiful greenhouse!! You did an amazing job!!

• Diana Sue

This is great! I am building one myself - picking up the lumber tomorrow. Now that I've seen your roof vents - I will give it a try doing that too. Mine will be 8x9 and made partially with actual windows. Thanks for the inspiration!