DIY Moroccan Inspired Lantern Made From Old Glass and Paper Doilies

$20

I love bohemian style and especially their colourful lanterns and glass. When I took part in a DIY challenge I knew I wanted to create a beautiful DIY Moroccan inspired lantern myself from items I already had at home. It turned out even more beautiful than I imagined.
I used an oversized old glass jar I had at home and washed it.
Once dry, I decided to try the unicorn spit on the glass.  First step before using unicorn spit, I put a layer of mod podge (so the Unicorn Spit had something to adhere to) and let it dry completely. Mod podge dries clear, so is a perfect base for glass.  Whilst unicorn spit was drying, I mixed a custom colour, I was aiming for a nice turquoise.  You will need - blue: green: white to create turquoise. If you don't have unicorn spit, acrylic paints might work too.
Once the mod podge was dry, I painted the glass with Unicorn Spit.  The following step is optional, but as I wanted a nice authentic look I noticed paper towel I used to dry brushes, had a lovely pattern on, so I wrapped the glass in the paper towel and gently dabbed it, to remove excess Unicorn spit and create a pattern!
Doesn't this look gorgeous?!
The next step was to embellish the lantern.  I used a couple of paper doilies that I had in my craft stash and cut out the various shapes, then simply glued them on the glass using Mod Podge. 
I wanted to create a lovely lid for the lantern, so I found a fixture from an old lampshade, which I spray painted gold and glued on a door knob.  I added some turquoise accents on the door knob too.
To finish it off, I used a little gold accents around the embellishments to bring the whole look together!
A little bit of detail.

Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
25 Creative Ways You Can Decorate Using Maps
15 Unconventional Ways To Use A Tomato Cage
These Bathroom Makeovers Might Inspire You To Update Your Own
From Evija with Love

• Hope

I woud luv to try this! Does the paper towel stay on the glass? Thank you!

• From Evija with Love

thank you Hope, i just pressed the paper towel against the wet unicorn spit (or paint if you use paint) and removed excess, literally for a few seconds which created the lovely pattern. Be sure not to smudge it, just little dabs

• Rachel

wasnt clear if paper towel stays on The Glass or is only used for pattern. Very nice!

• From Evija with Love

That’s right the paper towel really is just to press agains the wet mod podge /unicorn spit and then is removed it’s simply creating the beautiful pattern like a seal .

• MawD

Beautiful! Very inspiring.

Is the gold dust put on dry or did you add before the midge podge dried? If I missed it, I apologize. Thanks!!

• Eileen ross

All I can say is.........AWESOME! I just have to try it. I wonder if a few small jewels would be overkill. What do you think?

• From Evija with Love

Eileen thank you ! Jewels are a great idea .. there’s only one way to find out ! Add them and if you don’t like them take them off .. I think it would look wonderful would love to see when you are done !

• Mary Coakley

Beautiful and.so.innovative