Judy Walters Weiss
Judy Walters Weiss
  • Clarksburg, PA

Pretty Petals ~ From My Garden

Looking forward to whatever surprises next summers garden has in store for me but taking a moment to look back at a few Pretty Petals from the past one ~~~
Flowering Kale always brightens up my Fall garden!
Morning Glories open with the sunrise to greet all who enter the garden
Foxgloves have such a magical look about them ~ According to folklore they are said to attract fairies ~ haven't seen any hanging around the garden though! :-)
From bud ~ to bloom ~ to seed Mountain Bluet provides interest to the garden with it's unique colors, textures & shapes
The showy flower spikes of the Lupine arrive on the scene in the Spring with pea like blooms & unusual shaped leaves
Dainty Dianthus with it's serrated flower edges
I love how the Soapwort spills out over the stone wall. A long time ago it was used to make a gentle cleaning lather ~ nature's soap!
Love this old fashioned plant! Zebrina Hollyhock Mallow ~ soft lavender colored flowers striped with dk.purple veins are so striking!
Coreopsis is such a cheery, sunny plant! I "rescued" a 4 inch piece  from between  pavers in my neighbors sidewalk ~ planted it & in no time it was thriving in my garden.
Coreopsis is such a cheery, sunny plant! I "rescued" a 4 inch piece from between pavers in my neighbors sidewalk ~ planted it & in no time it was thriving in my garden.
Weigela with it's pretty tubular trumpet shaped flowers
Campanula ~ such pretty blue bellflowers!
Wandering through the garden ~
Wandering through the garden ~
Sweet William Catchfly has a band of sticky substance on it's stem that traps small insects ~ thus the name Catchfly!
Love this Sedum ~ not only has pretty flowers but it's succulent leaves add interest to the garden
Gladiolus have beautiful showy blooms (one of my favorite colors!)
Guara has delicate airy looking blooms
Guara has delicate airy looking blooms
Another pretty color of Gladiolus
Another pretty color of Gladiolus
The pot of Mothers Day Mums were happy to be transplanted into the garden ~ they went crazy once out of their pot. :-)
Another favorite ~ Coneflower along side a Butterfly Bush
Foxglove with catmint in the background
Foxglove with catmint in the background
Tall Garden Phlox with it's colorful small star shaped flowers
Pink Evening Primrose ~ these have cute cuplike shaped blossoms
The Spiderworts blossoms each only last a day. They open @ dawn & fade by mid day ~ only to be replaced by a new batch the next day!
Clematis ~ a favorite garden climber!
Clematis ~ a favorite garden climber!
Sweet little Violas
Sweet little Violas
The birds love to use this sundial, surrounded with lavender for a landing spot
Hydrangea blooms
Hydrangea blooms
Coneflower, Bee Balm & Liatris ~ This garden area is very popular with the bees, butterflies & humming birds!
Feverfew
Feverfew
Azalea ~ the deer love to nibble on this in the winter but no matter how much damage they do it still stuns us with it's gorgeous blossoms!
Bleeding Heart always adds charm to the shade garden!

Judy Walters Weiss

• Kris Lee

Thanks for your beautiful flower pictures. I have some of the Mountain Bluet in my yard and until today didn't know what it was. I love it. Thanks for the info.

• Judy Walters Weiss

@Kris Lee Thanks ~ The Mountain Bluet is such a unique flower, isn't it? I'm glad you have some to enjoy too!

• Kathy Bass

Your garden is gorgeous!!! Thanks for sharing your beautiful flowers.