DIY OUTDOOR TABLE WITH STORAGE / TABLETOP TIC TAC TOE

$5

Hey everyone! I hope you’re all having a great week so far! This milk crate DIY came to me after making a DIY Storage Bench. A lot of you guys wanted things that provided more storage. I was able to get 8 milk crates and rather than stacking them with only 4 bins (2 on each side), I wanted to create something with 8 storage bins/shelves. There really is no front or back because it looks good (and provides storage) at every angle. You can easily storage bins if you prefer to have your clutter hidden. They store A LOT of stuff and are very sturdy.

YOU WILL NEED:
Milk Crates/Zip Ties/Plywood
Assemble your milk crates how you want them. I liked the idea of having storage/shelving on every angle and all 4 sides so i assembled them like this.
I stacked more milk crates on top of them for height, catty-cornered. This way all 4 sides of the table will have storage/shelves.
I used zip ties to tie the crates together securely.
I then used an old door my neighbor gave me, cut it down to size, and painted it for the table top. I used scrap plywood for the shelving.
You could even make this smaller with only 1 row of milk crates, for a little kiddie table! Then you could use milk crates for little chairs    You can paint it any color you want and customize it however you see fit.

You would need to put a protective finish on the table if you decide to leave it outside

• Milk Crates  (http://amzn.to/2ufUTCE)
  • Zip Ties  (http://amzn.to/2ugqi7T)

• Daz619865

Hi!!I would love to do the kiddie table with the crates.Can you show me please and thank you!!👍
    • Lori Johnson

Would be perfect for a kiddie table in his/her room. Even as a game table for kids.

• Mgwouden

If the crates are plastic and you leave the crates outside for the winter, they will break. Won't they?
    • Cheryl A Hval

When we lived in the NWT Canada, with winter temperatures down to -40, we used plastic milk crates for a number of things. They last for quite a few years without breaking down.

• Melanie

Where can I go to get recycle crates free ,? I want to try this for patio storage space.
    • Diane

Yes be careful picking them up outside stores-milk is usually delivered in them and picked up on next delivery date!

However, be careful if you go buy them at a store - those are very cheaply made and will not be as sturdy and may not last as long!!!

There may not be milk crate police but a felony is a felony!!

• Ron Young Sr

I would probably make a checkerboard on one side and be able to flip it over

• Susie

. Thank you for the idea. Great job 👏🏻