Don't Lose Your Marbles... Use Them!

$0

Hi there Hometalkers
I have been purging my craft/diy stuff for several months now and I'm still in my glass things section. I've done bottles, glass beads, glass gems, picture frames with glass, old windows and other things with glass. I think I could be almost finished with that section and ready to move on to baskets or holiday decor. I really had quite a bit of craft/diy stuff (I still do).
Here is another old window frame that won't go to the dump !
First clean an old window frame without glass and paint!
Cleaned and painted! I like the color, it will look great inside!
So I have a lot of marbles and copper wire. I started to sort out the marbles by color when I thought... hmmm... I just don't know about this? I still want to use marbles but I decided I would use my dad's old marbles. He has been gone now for 7 years and he loved to play with them as a child so I would love to display them !
They are from the early 1940's, they have chips and cracks in them, you can tell they were loved!
Needle nose pliers and copper wire. Hold one end of the wire with the pliers, right at the tip, then wrap the wire around the pliers to get a spiral. Hold a marble on the spiral part, then wrap the wire around the marble so it won't fall out. One or two wraps will be enough. Make sure you have some wire left to bend a hook at the top.
I screwed in two eye hooks in each pane. 6 panes = 12 eye hooks.
Two hooks on the top of the window so I can hang it in the window.
I also added long hooks to match the other window frame with sun-catchers.
I think my dad would be happy I found a use for something he loved so much!
My marbles are so pretty and shiny! I can look out my window and smile! I see my dad every time! Okay now I'm crying and smiling !
Close up of some marbles.
This is not a good picture. I can't seem to get a good shot of it in the window but you can still see what it looks like. It also matches the other window frame I did with sun-catchers. They flank the wood burning stove in the living room.
Sun-catcher frame.
This project was so simple, just an afternoon of time and I created a lasting memory of my dad!
Make one for yourself ! Any wood frame, marbles, some heavy wire and a few hooks will work!
Love all comments and /or suggestions!  out!

31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
Check Out These 30 Incredible Floor Transformations Ideas
25 Creative Ways You Can Decorate Using Maps
Everything Red For Canada Day
Check Out These 15 Beautiful Flower Ideas For Spring
31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
3 Cute Step-by-Step Ideas For Unique Planters
20 Easy Projects To Help You Get Ready For Easter
Try These Gorgeous Ideas And The Mailman Will Never Miss Your Mailbox!
Beautify Your Home With These Flower Ideas

• Shelli

awesome

• Imogene

Thank you for the inspiration. I have a quart jar of my Dads old marbles. I think I will try to do one of these for myself and each of my siblings. Could not think of any way to use them.

• Jennifer

Awesome to hear that you will give your siblings one too! You have a lot more marbles than I did  ! Thank you and hope you enjoy making a memory keeper!