Zee
Zee
  • Burleson, TX

FUNGUS AMONG US OR FINDING BEAUTY WHERE YOU DID NOT PLANT IT

I like to take "walk abouts" around Hawk's Creek ( my little home in the boonies) from time to time. I always find interesting acts of nature. On this post I am showing photos of fungus beauties and other such wonderful sightings. I do not know anything about these oddities. Maybe some of you do and can inform me. I especially found the long skinny pencil like treasure a curiosity. Sometimes just taking a short adventure, without purpose, lends the most beauty.
Found this little yellow beauty living in my aloe  plant.
Found this little yellow beauty living in my aloe plant.
Showing her full grandeur.
Showing her full grandeur.
This stump may appear dead, but look closer. What a splendid display of rich color.
Moss! Something I do not see very often in my very dry and hot little piece of nature.
This tree yields more than you might expect.
Here is the pencil like weird finding.  I had to stop and quickly retrieve my cell phone to snap this picture. I have never seen anything like it before.
Here is the pencil like weird finding. I had to stop and quickly retrieve my cell phone to snap this picture. I have never seen anything like it before.
Look what is peeking out from this wounded tree.
Wow! Found this wide mouthed creature on top of a stump.
OK.. Truthfully, this was not found at Hawk's Creek.  I guess I have a fascination with fungus.  Anyway, I crawled under a tree(thus poor quality pic) in Alaska to see this poisonous beauty called "Pretty Little Puker"..very poisonous.
OK.. Truthfully, this was not found at Hawk's Creek. I guess I have a fascination with fungus. Anyway, I crawled under a tree(thus poor quality pic) in Alaska to see this poisonous beauty called "Pretty Little Puker"..very poisonous.
This interloper is not a fungus , of course, but he sure was a trouble maker. Caught him drinking out of my fountain. 
He then took up residence under my barn and left the place in a mess..so he was like a growing fungus.
This interloper is not a fungus , of course, but he sure was a trouble maker. Caught him drinking out of my fountain. He then took up residence under my barn and left the place in a mess..so he was like a growing fungus.

Zee

• Paula

Thank you for the pics. I like the way you "stop and smell the roses" and then share with us townies and apartment dwellers.

• Zee

Paula, I love taking pics of my "crazy" place. Never know what I might find when I walk around with a camera in my pocket and pruners in my hands:-) I appreciate your kind comment.