Beth and Spencer Teller
Beth and Spencer Teller
  • Tutorial Team
  • Ruskin, FL

Window Grill Makeover!

$20

My husband found this treasure and saved it from going to the garbage. With a little creativity I gave it a new home and purpose! Now we have a lovely Paris inspired wall decor.
window grill makeover
I cleaned the grill and because I wanted to keep it original and rusty looking I poly-acrylic-ed the entire thing to seal it in. I love it's weathered look, so chic!
window grill makeover
This a before and after of the two shutters which I painted for later on in the project. I also got these from you guessed it..the curb.
window grill makeover
My husband then attached the grill to an old window frame which I had hung up.
window grill makeover
He then hung the two shutters on each side. It's starting to really come together!
window grill makeover
I then added some artificial succulents which I purchased at Bealls for around $3 a piece.
window grill makeover
We then put all of our decor including our re purposed dresser bar back in place and voila!!! I get a feeling like I am in Paris at a cafe sipping wine :) Thanks for taking the time to check out our work. Please check out my Facebook Sierra Stars Furniture and Gifts for more diy ideas! Thanks! Beth

• Azb12476495

Where do you find the glass holder that is attached to the wine bottle
  • Donna-Marie Stenlake

There's nothing like a "found" treasure. What would you do with a stained glass door? we've had it for years originallay hoping to convert it to front door but that never happened -wrong size.
    • Robyn Garner

You could frame the glass out to make it the right size to use as a door as you had intended! A full-sized stained glass piece is a wonderful find so please do something with it or send it to me!

• Julie

I love this! Have you considered putting a scenic picture behind the windows to make it "look out" on a favorite place?

• Judy Persohn

Wow!!! I love this!!! Thanks for sharing. Very insightful on your part.

• Nancy Peterman

Super cute! I couldn't even imagine where you were going with this. Love everything about it.