A Shabby Chic Rocker With a Twist!

$30

The winter blahs are getting old and I'm ready to change it up. One of my new projects has been an outdated vintage Bentwood rocking chair. All I could see when looking at it was a blank "canvas" that needed some embroidered love. Come see how I gave it some shabby chic springtime pep.

Finally able to see my Bentwood rocking chair coming to fruition...sigh.
a shabby chic rocker with a twist, chalk paint, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling, shabby chic
This chair had great caning and lovely bones, but just needed some pizazz.
With a little know-how and some stitching skils, it was only a matter of time before this beauty saw it's much needed makeover.
After the stitching is done, all is needed is a bit of upholstery and trim. Finished!!

• Yarn
  • Yarn
Larissa ~ Prodigal Pieces

• Andrea

Hi Larissa, I love this project and was wondering if you have the flower pattern used in the bentwood rocker project available to share

Thanks,

Andrea

• B. Enne

Wow that would have helped with the slight sag my seat had...I should have kept that chair!

• JudyH

These is one of the best upcycle projects I've seen all year! Very original and versatile!! Love the idea of customizing with various stencil choices (to match a nursery theme, etc.) I actually had one of these rockers back in the day!! It was so comfy! I so wish I had it back now! Definitely will be on the lookout for one so I can do this project. Thanks so much for sharing!