Living Room Remodel With a Little Bit of Paint and New Flooring!

$3000

When we first looked at purchasing our home, it was the large open space that got us! (Definitely not the once-white carpet!)
It’s amazing what you can do with a little bit of paint and some new flooring! [Hey! Check out some of my décor specially homemade for our living room… My DIY Tin Wall Art!]
I kept dreaming of hardwood floors, but thought that they were way to exspensive.... Then one day, we were just randomly shopping at Home Depot, and happened upon this beautiful hardwood flooring on sale for super cheap! I was about 98% sure that it matched the color of the hardwood already present in our dining room. We quickly snatched up a sample and ran home to check… and it did! Yipee! We were one step closer to getting our hardwood floors!
The very first steps that I took were to remove the baseboard, and then start ripping up the carpet. When I removed the baseboard, I was very careful to label the baseboard itself and the wall where it came from, so I would know where to put it back.[Psst! You can check out one of our very first room remodels, right here!]
Once I had ripped all of the carpet out, I thought, oh man… if we ever want to paint these walls, now’s definitely the time to do it! So I called up my husband at work, and said hey… I kind of want to paint too! Not really having that much of a choice, he said ok fine, and that night we went to pick out our paint colors. The next morning I started painting!
Then it was time to install the hardwood floors!
My parents came sown to help us, and row by row, we got it done. 564 square feet of hardwood flooring banged out in two days!
(Don't forget to click on the link below, for even more before and after pictures, and more details on the actual process!)

• Hardwood Flooring
  • Paint

TheProjectPile.com

• Linda AvengingAngel Haynes

Can you tell me what color the paint is? In some of the photos it looks more blue but is it a grey color? Thanks
    • Tracy

I'm curious as well about the colors. I love the look. Nicely done.
  • Linda Lee Mills

Can you please tell me what color /brand is the hardwood flooring? Beautiful!

• AGMR

Lovely! Doesn't even look like the same place!
  • Bernice H

This is beautiful. How wonderful to be able to paint an actual color on the walls !
    i agree with Monica Wilson above...a couple of groupings would look so warm and inviting. Pulling the furniture away from the walls..so cool! You have such a large space..you can do so many things..
    lucky you! Tho I suppose it wasn't luck...but vision! Beautiful job! 🤗