Christine
Christine
  • Whitesboro, NY

Decorative Mesh Wreath

$8

A beautiful wreath created with all items from the dollar store.
You will need a Wire Wreath Frame. I used one that measures 14 1/4, and it was purchased at the Dollar Store
You will also need 6 rolls of Decorative Mesh which measured at 6 inches by 5 yards (15.2 cm x 4.57 m) This was also purchased at the Dollar Store.
You will need 12 inch Pipe Cleaners and scissors. The Pipe Cleaners can be any color and the Pipe Cleaner is cut into 3rds. So you will have 3 pieces that measure approximately 4 inches each. You will need around 8 to 12 pieces. You will use your scissors to cut the Pipe Cleaners. I had some Pipe Cleaners on hand but if you need to purchase these they are at the Dollar store also.
The first thing you need to do is take a piece of the Pipe Cleaner and twist it on the outside ring of your wreath frame.
Next, take your Decorative Mesh and put it under the wreath frame. Twist the end and secure it to the Pipe Cleaner you have placed on the outside of the wreath frame.
Now you pull your Decorative Mesh through the rings of the wreath. You pull up about 4 inches of mesh through each of the rings. You work from the outside ring to the center, then back to the outside ring again and you continue until you run out of mesh. Always make sure your Decorative Mesh is under the wreath frame when working with it.
When you come to the end of a Decorative Mesh roll you would secure that down to your wreath frame with a piece of Pipe Cleaner.
When done your wreath should be nice and full. I then will hang my wreath on a metal wreath hanger on my outside door. I do not put anything on my wreath to use to hang it with. I just place the wire wreath frame on the wreath hanger.

• Wire wreath frame 14 1/4  (Dollar Store)
  • 6 decorative mesh rolls  (Dollar Store)
  • Pipe cleaners  (Dollar Store)

• Lau33518383

At your dollar stores is everything a dollar?

thanks

• Vanessa

Have you tried ordering from the Dollar Tree online? You do have to purchase a minimum amount of items, but you would probably spend the same amount in the store.

Just a thought....

• Rozz

HI!!! Please help me. I am trying to make this now but I'm confused on how to go back up top after the first 3 loops. Am I supposed to twist or what. I went and brought all of my stuff. I'm really excited. I just need some help.

My email is canemom34@yahoo.com.

Thanks SO much in advance!

Rozz

• Jessica Serrano-Gregg

We’re you able to get some help hun? I make these with a different technique so I don’t want to confuse you or tell you a different way than how she shows in her tutorial. Which is very pretty, but there’s several different methods you can use! I’ve attached a picture of the one I made using stuff from the dollar tree as well.

• Jerri

Do you go up through every single section?

• Daisy@TX

Thank you for the link. Just love it!! I have fall colors orange copper brown n gold all in the mesh. Would be good in purple too since October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month.

• Christine

Ohh those colors are perfect for fall. A purple wreath would be great too.

• Jessica Serrano-Gregg

Excellent tutorial! Thanks for sharing your talents!