Sassy Townhouse Living
Sassy Townhouse Living
  • East Stroudsburg, PA

How To Easily Create A Stunning Braided Jute Centerpiece

$10

Centerpieces can be expensive – that’s why I love creating my own. When I alternate my centerpieces, it really does give my room a whole new look. It’s so easy to switch them around especially depending on the season.

I’m a huge fan of jute or as some folks call it – rope. There’s something so beautiful about decor with jute. I’ve created a few other pieces with it so you know I’m a huge fan. I’ve decorated a lamp and some beautiful mason jars, and now created a stunning braided jute centerpiece!
how to easily create a stunning braided jute centerpiece
You can easily make one too! There are so many crafting projects you can make with jute. I always get my jute and other crafting products from Oriental Trading  – they have a terrific assortment of crafting supplies and their jute is simply the best! The prices are pretty outstanding too! 
I decided to use a wider jute than I normally do, and I’m so glad I did. It was perfect for braiding – braided jute is simply beautiful, and you can make so many things from it.
Jute cording is an essential crafting supply! It’s perfect for home décor projects or accenting wedding decorations. Use it to create tulle bows, centerpieces, bunting, and banners.

Hang signs and handmade Christmas ornaments, or add a cute twist to your tasty treats when you wrap them in craft paper and tie the package shut with this sturdy cord. The possibilities are endless with this versatile art supply. 7mm x 30 ft.
I started with two Unfinished Wood Planters Boxes from Oriental Trading – as soon as I saw them, I knew exactly what I wanted to create. All I had to do was take my glue gun and glue them together in the shape I had in mind. 
I love the shape I chose below. There are so many designs you can create – even place them side by side. 
Before you start the braiding process, be sure to cut the jute a little larger to account for the loss of size when you braid. Then make sure you use your glue gun to attach the ends – wait for the glue to dry and then start braiding. 
Once you make your braid, just start gluing! 
Keep adding your rows making sure you place the braids close to each other. 
Finish off the edging with a single row of jute to add the finishing touches. Since I didn’t have enough room for another row of braids, I decided to take two strands and twist them together. I love how it turned out.
You can use some jute to decorate the top trim as well.
I love using artificial succulents for centerpieces. They look so real and can be very colorful. 
I hope you get to create a beautiful jute centerpiece soon too. Jute is so relaxing to work with and very forgiving. 
Let me know if you have any questions below in the comments. I will be sure to get an answer to you right away!
PLEASE stop by my blog for more images and product details! I know you will find some inspiration for your projects too.
I'd love to see you there!
Also, subscribe to my newsletter for giveaways, updates, and much more! Subscribe Here! 

Thank you!
Carolann
Sassy Townhouse Living

Sassy Townhouse Living