DIY Watercolor Plant Pots

$10

Do you want to update your plant pots? Cait from Little City Farmhouse is sharing a fun and easy way to give your plant pots a beautiful watercolor look that you’re going to love!
House plants are becoming such a popular design element right now – and I have to admit I have somewhat jumped on that! They add instant life to your home decor. But what happens when you can’t find the perfect pot to put your plant in? You paint it!
I’ll show you how I created these DIY watercolour inspired plant pots! Here is what you’ll need:
  • A plant pot that has been painted (I used Vanilla Frosting as my base coat)
  • A bucket and water
  • A paint colour of your choice (I used Elegance)
  • A stir stick
Step 1: Mix your paint! I used a 2 parts water to 1 part paint ratio and mixed it in my bucket. I wasn’t precise with my measurements – just make sure your paint is quite watery.
Step 2: If your pot has a hole in the bottom, like mine did, duct tape works great to tape off the hole. Otherwise the inside of your jar will fill up with the water mixture too. Submerge your pot into the water as high as you’d like your paint line to be and leave it there for a few seconds. Slowly take the pot out (to avoid drip marks) and set it aside to dry. To speed up the drying, a blow dryer works great!

Step 3: Repeat step two several times, but not submerging the pot as far into the water each time. You want to create an ombre appearance.
Step 4: Let your pot thoroughly dry and then topcoat it with Clear Coat to seal.
It’s that easy! I love the soft but interesting appearance the flower pots have now. This is a great way to add some colour to your flower pots!

• Plant Pot
  • Stir Stick  (Country Chic Paint)
  • Plastic pail

To see more: http://blog.countrychicpaint.com