Linda G
Linda G
  • Orlando, FL

Gallery Wall for Small Wall. 5 of 5 White and Silver Décor Accent

Have a small wall space (this wall space is 22" wide) and want to bring a cute accent on a budget. This is what I used.
A wall gallery of budget frames. Three were $1 from Goodwill, two I had.
Butterflies made from computer clipart
Rhinestone trim $0.99
White high gloss paint (already had)
Silver glitter craft paint $1.59
Round small mirror tiles $1.99 for a bag
Small gallery wall
Small gallery wall
These frames I purchased a while back. Painted, added embellishments. Stacked and positioned on floor first. Attached with tiny nails and glue gun. They  are very light weight
These frames I purchased a while back. Painted, added embellishments. Stacked and positioned on floor first. Attached with tiny nails and glue gun. They are very light weight
This one I added mirror tiles on the back. I used round because of the oval frame shape. You can see the mirror effect in the second picture.
This small frame was really beat up, I painted and distress it to try and cover up those spots and used silver glitter. Hot glued rhinestone trim on the other.
Printed butterflies from clipart in the color I wanted. Made two copies. Mod Podge the two copies together back to back. So the butterflies had thickness. Brushed one side with glitter. Cut and folded the wings up.
Attached them to the wall, I used a dab of wax adhesive. It leaves no residue or marks on the wall.
Added candlesticks on table beneath the wall gallery with items from #2, 3, and 4. Wall space and corner makes an eclectic vignette in white and silver. I'll change the curtains another day.  :-)
Added candlesticks on table beneath the wall gallery with items from #2, 3, and 4. Wall space and corner makes an eclectic vignette in white and silver. I'll change the curtains another day. :-)

• Sharon

How do you attach the frames together??

• Claire

Can't find small mending plates - smaller than 1 1/2 to 2 inches. With nails, you see the nail heads because the frames are empty, and I've tried stapling them. But I staple the backs together, but the front parts spread apart. If I could find small mending plates, there would be no problems. I've looked everywhere, even online. But nothing. Can you help?

• Linda G

Not sure what you are referring to. If you are wondering how I attached the frame to the wall? The back of the frame has tiny D ring picture hangers. Since the frames were all glued together, only that large frame is hung on the wall at each corner of the frame with the tiny D rings. The small round frame on the left lower side is hung on the wall separately, again with the tiny D ring. Hope that helps. Sorry I did not explain it better when I posted. You can get them at homedepot or lowes. Amazon sells tiny mending plates.