Tiny Tree Branch Faux Planter

$5

Hey guys, I'm sharing a quick project today that I did using some leftover supplies from other projects--that's my favorite kind of project because I hate throwing out perfectly good leftover supplies. A few years ago I made a cat tree using real branches and put a lot of work into finding, stripping, and finishing the branches. Here's a picture of that project that shows a closeup shot of one of the finished branches:
But once we started putting all of the cat tree pieces together, we realized we had to do some more leveling on the branches, which gave us some extra smaller pieces. Here's one:
We thought about incorporating them into the tree in some way, but I ultimately couldn't figure out what to do, so I decided to set this piece aside for a future project. We had put so much work into finishing these branches, I just couldn't handle throwing even these small pieces out!
It sat for a while until I had a faux succulent left over from another project, a hanging wooden key rack DIY that I incorporated a small hanging pot and faux succulent into:
So I decided to make a tiny faux succulent planter out of the leftover tree branch piece!

First I used a drill bit to carve out some of the center of the branch. I didn't take any measurements, I just drilled out a hole that I thought would be big enough to hold the succulent piece. If you think it's too shallow, just pop the succulent in as you're drilling to check it.
When you're done, just put in the faux succulent piece and display.
If you like how this looks, definitely check out the original post on my blog linked below for more details and links to other plant- and succulent-related DIY projects

Hometalk's Top 10 Spookiest Halloween Picks Of 2017
These Bathroom Makeovers Might Inspire You To Update Your Own
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
Old License Plates Lying Around? Check Out These 28 Snazzy Decor Ideas
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
23 Adorable Ways You Can Make Your Own Coasters
Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas
15 Kitchen DIY Ideas That Will Come In Handy
15 Cute Ways To Decorate Tin Cans Into Planters
15 Simple Projects Under 30 Min To Get You Ready For The Spring Season
30 Ideas To Make Your Office Look Great
31 Ways For You To Style Your Garden
15 Fun Things You Can Make Using Your Cricut
By Brittany Goldwyn

• Camilledrinan

You don't explain how much soil you used and what about watering and drainage?
    • By Brittany Goldwyn

It's a fake plant :) BUT you could definitely do this on a slightly larger scale I think with just some pebbles thrown in the bottom for drainage. Or like Glenn said, great idea for an air plant.

• Linda Weeks

I live in the woods, so I'm thinking of making about a million of these
  • KW

Great use of leftovers LOL! I, too have a lot of trees and a lot of leftovers. Thanks for your post.