Garden Mosaics Made From Broken Tiles

$50

332/5000

Upgrade your garden by creating mosaics of old broken tiles!

Our pool area needed to be fixed and connected to the patio at the house, so I used old, ugly pavers, a couple of cement blocks and some old broken tiles, and with that I created a new staircase and a pair of flower boxes.

This is how it looked before. The steps up tp the pool were falling apart and the soil fell onto the steps.
These were the old pavers I used for the base of my mosaics for the path.
The first thing I did was to break the old tiles into small pieces. One of the cats joined me in that!
Then I used the pieces to make the mosaics on some old pavers. I used regular tile adhesive to glue the tile pieces and after it had dried (24 hours) I used regular tile grout.
After that I continued to put tile pieces on two cement blocks which I intend to plant some flowers in.
This is what they looked like before the grouting!
After that I started with the steps up to the pool. I put bricks on the two first steps and then mosaics on the top step as you can see in the picture. I also made brick walls on the sides to keep the soil away from the steps.
The steps ready!
After that I continued by starting with the path that would lead to our patio and house by using the mosaic pavers and some pieces of brick. Since this is in South Italy there is no need to worry about winter frost so I only put some sand underneath.
Done!
The path is ready!
Now, I can walk without shoes from the pool to the house!
Done!