How to Create a Fake Brick Wall

$250

Add faux brick paneling to a room for a great look. Perfect for adding texture and dimension.
how to create a fake brick wall
Start with installing fake brick paneling 4' x 8' sheets purchased at Home Depot on your wall. http://www.homedepot.com/p/1-4-in-x-48-in-x-96-in-Kingston-Brick-Hardboard-Wall-Panel-278844/205683640
how to create a fake brick wall
You will need two 25 lb bags of grout for one wall. Mix according to directions on the bag. Then add grout to a grout bag as if it was icing. Shake the grout down in the bag and twist at the top. Place pressure on the bag while applying the grout to the wall. With the one wall we did, there was approximately 1/2 a bag of powdered grout left out of the two 25 lb bags.
how to create a fake brick wall
Just like frosting a cake, squeeze the grout onto the fake "grout lines" on your brick paneling. The horizontal lines were filled in first and then we went back and filled in the vertical lines. This is messy and time-consuming. But I love the TEXTURED wall. It's a wall that looks like it's been there for a while! We then white washed over it. For more details visit my blog.
how to create a fake brick wall
To see the rest of the steps on how I made this gorgeous white washed brick wall here! http://www.designdazzle.com/bedroom-makeover-decorating-using-all-amazon-finds-2/
Toni - Design Dazzle

• Alye29

I have been considering several ways to do a faux brickwall. Did you just leave the grout sitting on top of the panel or did you tuck point it a little to look ore finished?

• Ellen

After applying the grout, I would take a damp rag and wipe any extra grout and smooth it out. This was a great way to make it look like I knew what I was doing grouting. Since I am a beginner at this – wiping away any extra grout made it look more professional. I’m sure the pro’s don’t need to do this step ; ) JUST FOUND THIS ON HER BLOG.

• Emily Pomrenke

I had just researched and found these brick panels online at HD. Is the panel smooth, or does it have a brick like texture—I cannot tell from the online picture?

• Gwen Bessire Eversole

It is textured like brick. I just did two rooms with these same panels using the joint compound technique. Love it! Tried attaching photo to show the dimension but unfortunately it wasn't successful.

• Rebecca Surette

How cool is that? Think I'll go ahead and purchase just one panel and play with finishes. I love an antique brick look, and I'll bet I could figure that out!

• Roberta Christos

Impressed! Turned out great.