Error loading player:
No playable sources found

Glitter Gem Stone Soap DIY

$25

Making soap is way too much fun. The sky is the limit when it comes to colors, mixes and scents! Why not try your hand at this ombre gem stone effect? Gems and crystals are very trendy right now and it's time to add them to your bathroom sink. Pop-in some glitter and you just made handwashing a whole lot more interesting.
glitter gem stone soap diy
Step 1) Cut a 1/3 of a 2lb. block of glycerin soap into small cubes.
glitter gem stone soap diy
Step 2) Place into a microwave safe dish and heat for 1 minute until all pieces are evenly melted.

glitter gem stone soap diy
Step 3) Pour the melted glycerin into 3 dishes. Careful! It's hot!
glitter gem stone soap diy
Step 4) Add soap dye in the color of your choice to each dish. To create an ombre effect, I put 5-10 drops in the first dish, 4 drops in the second and 1 drop in the third. Mix well (and quickly) while the glycerin is still liquid.
glitter gem stone soap diy
See the variance in shades of teal?
glitter gem stone soap diy
Step 5) Add some sparkle to your soap, but adding a pinch of skin-safe soap glitter pigment or mica.
glitter gem stone soap diy
Step 5) Cut the bottom off of a water bottle.
glitter gem stone soap diy
Step 6) Pour your darkest shade of green into the bottom of the plastic water bottle. Let cool, so that the first layer hardens slightly.

glitter gem stone soap diy
Step 7) Add your second shade of green to the bottle and let harden.
glitter gem stone soap diy
Step 8) And finally, add your third shade of green. Let the entire thing harden until solid. If you are impatient (like me), you can speed up this process by placing the entire thing into your freezer.
glitter gem stone soap diy
Step 9) Once hardened completely, peel away the plastic water bottle.
glitter gem stone soap diy
Step 10) Begin cutting away your edges to create, lines/formation that resemble a gem. Have fun with this here! The sky is the limit.
glitter gem stone soap diy
Now, I have a whole collection of gem soaps ready for washing! Isn't the glitter so much fun? My kids can't stop using it!

• Lyn

Yes, im thinking about the glitter ✨ n the waste water system also. Such a big g deal has been made over the beads in facial scrub, so would that apply to this glitter??

• C. D. Scallan

What do you do all the soap shavings ? The "gems" are fun and pretty, but I haven't made any because I cringe at the waste.

• Ton13920395

couldn't you re-melt the shavings and make little soap coins, or just a regular bar of soap?

• Philip Jackson

This is fine if I wanted to make soap from scratch, but,it still doesn't tell me what to do with all the left over pcs of bath soap. Can I melt them (how) and reform (how) them into new bars? What is the process?

• Mary L. Sutherland

This is not soap from scratch. This is melt & pour soap.

If you want another multicolor bar of soap, Simply put it all in a container that you would like the soap to be shaped like. Then put it in the the microwave and slowly remelt it 30 seconds at a time with 1 minute in between. No stirring.

Repeat this 30/1 no-stir process until it has become a liquid again. Then let it cool and become one solid piece.

Your other option would be to cut & sort your colors into separate containers to remelt separately. Then re-pour one color at a time using the original method.

• I prefer the soap shape after you take it out of the bottle, but your idea works too.

You could always add some granulated sugar to each shade and that would give you a little exfoliation and wouldn't hurt your water system.

• Trudi Davis

Neat